My Tonka is sick and i found this site while looking for advice online.

Hoffy

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Hello everyone from Troy & Tonka

Tonka is my first Bully and he is four and half months old. The other day he woke up sick with bright yellow thick snot and flem in his chest in which he cannot cough up yet. I took him to the vet & they told me he had kennel cough and sent us home with some antibiotics. Well thus far the flem has in chest has seemed to got worse and he cannot even breath if he tries to play around. I can not stand the poor noises coming out of him and want him better asap. If you have any good advice please send it Tonkas way. I am truly starting to worry

Thank you very much Bully family
And thanks for having us.

Last edited:

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Welcome to EBN! We are glad you found us. Have the tried the steam as suggested on your other thread? I would almost be inclined to take him back to the vet if he seems worse. I hate that it is Friday night which means you will need to find a vet that is open on Saturday, but if he can't breathe when he plays, I would be very concerned.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
There's a canine flu going around and the symptoms you mention are the same. try to relax for your baby and the steam will help him to breath for a while. Keep up with the medicine and keep him cool. not hot. lots and lots of water will help. this flu is lasting about 10 days I'm told. Starts with the cough and then the yellow and green snotty nose comes.

Also, do not take your sick dog in public. This flu is very contiguous
thank you

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
If you are concerned and see no sign of improvement..go back to the vet..if you are not satisfied search for a Bully vet..we do have some listed here by areas.

OP
Hoffy

Hoffy

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
I'm in Huntington Beach & i see your also from socal Becky. My buddy keeps telling me to go to this DR Butchko out in Riverside. Do you know of this vet?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
I'm in Huntington Beach & i see your also from socal Becky. My buddy keeps telling me to go to this DR Butchko out in Riverside. Do you know of this vet?

Yes! I've only heard good things about him. But there is one closer to you..in Santa Ana I believe. [MENTION=390]cali~jenn[/MENTION] has been to him. Dr.Butchko sees tons of Bully's. If I remember correctly..he doesn't take appts. You go there and wait. [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] goes to him and can give you better info. I'm in Monrovia...yayyyy...glad you're local! Someday we can meet at the Doggie Beach! :up:

A vet experienced in Bully's makes all the difference in the world and honestly..when it comes to surgeries and Bully specific issues..they can save a life.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh yes if you need a bully expert then I would DEF go to Dr. Kraemer in Santa Ana. Much closer to you than Butchko and I just LOVE him there. He does take appts and the whole staff are just wonderful there. I am not one to like Dr.s or vets much usually and this one I really will drive the 1 1/2 hours to see if there is a reason to. He works closely with Southern California Bulldog Rescue and sees MANY bullies.

OP
Hoffy

Hoffy

Aug 24, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Tonka
Thank you
[MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION]
and once Tonka gets back to 100% we would love to meet you @ dog beach some time. He love love loves the dog beach.

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thank you
@JAKEISGREAT
and once Tonka gets back to 100% we would love to meet you @ dog beach some time. He love love loves the dog beach.

Poor Tonka..I know how awful it feels when you try so hard and these guys are sick. Hang in there..I would call another vet if he isn't better soon..or if you think he's getting worse at all. Absolutely..jake would love a meet at the beach.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.