First time bullie owner and a question

tanito00

Aug 20, 2012
Northern Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
:newhere:Hello everyone Im new to this site although I've probably browsed the whole site before I joined, I like to say this is a very well organized site with a vast amount of bullie info and I love it!. I currently dont have my bullie but will go pick her up on sat. Its a 3 1/2 hour drive but I think at the end its going to be worth the drive. As soon as I get her I will post pics. I have one question that im kinda confused on and thats with the food if i buy the Fromm brand which i see is the number one brand most here use can i get the chicken one or do i have to get the beef fritta Im not sure if bullies stomachs dont agree with chicken thought I read that some where. Thanks and look forward to hearing from you guys you guys are awesome!:D

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Hi there and welcome!!!!
First thing... you are going to want to start by feeding your bully what the breeder has already been giving them.
Our bully puppies have sensitive tummys and we don't want to upset them.

@cowsmom - you want to jump in?

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome to EBN!! I joined right before I picked up Arnold as well!! I will leave the food question to the experts though!! Although, I do believe chicken is a common allergy

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN...... The above is correct. You keep them on what they are used to for a week til their stress of their new home subsides and then start a SLOW transition to a better food, such as Fromm. Fromm puppy food if it is a puppy and regular fromm if it is over 6 months. Slow transition is important so please ask if you need directions to do that. Again.. :welcome:

L

Lucy-licious

Welcome: to EBN....I just wanted to say that the 3 hr drive will be more than worth it....our 6 hr journey for our baby Billy turned into a 8 1/2 hr journey because of traffic...but whilst it was tiring getting Billy was a reward made in heaven:love:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:happydance: So glad you're part of the family! Can't wait to meet your new baby! As far as food..you've gotten great advice. Hopefully the breeder will send some home with you..you might want to ask ahead of time so you can have some on hand. Once you decide which food you're going to go with..and get it..the slow transition is very important!

Have you read the article about bringing home your new puppy? I'll try and link it here for you! :D

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/content.php?r=354-Welcoming-Home-Your-New-Bulldog-Puppy

OP
tanito00

tanito00

Aug 20, 2012
Northern Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
Thanks to everyone who gave me advice and welcomed me and its really nice and awesome info. I will post pics as soon as I bring her home.Thanks again

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Can't wait to meet your baby!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I would try the Fromm puppy formula first the one in the pink bag. I have my Lola on that and it has made a huge difference! Not as much poop and not much gas in less I feed her treats that aren't Fromm brand. I am going to change Lola over to the Fromm beef grain free at around 8 months or so. I like that the puppy fromm has more to it than the adult and I think the puppies need the extra stuff. Hope this helps!

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello and Welcome.

Plenty of bullie talk here and can keep you busy for hours.

Be sure and look around at the other posts about food and transitions. Yes, start off with the same, get a premium food (lots to choose from including Fromm), and yes most Bullies are allergic to chicken (meal or parts or byproducts) as well as grain.

Bullies are always hungry to do not be surprised that the food is gone in 30 seconds and they look at you for more food. Do not over feed and do not free feed. Of course my opinion as a multiple bullie owner and breeder. A fat Bulldog will have all kinds of problems.

I have made a round trip 2 day drive to LAX to pick up a dog being shipped into the country. The excitement of finally GETTING the puppy is wonderful.

Enjoy, post more questions, read comments, share pics.

Good Day~

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh the excitement of a new bully baby.... just so awesome, looking forward to pictures.

:welcome3:

mdn525

Aug 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Petunia aka "Tuni"
After a couple weeks I switched Tuni to Fromm Beef Frittata and she didn't do very well on it....very red eyes and wasn't eating good. We switched her to Fromm Puppy and she's doing awesome! I'd stick with the puppy version until she's at least 6 months :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.