My babies Savage and Lucy

SavageLucyMom

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Savage and Lucy
Hello All,

I am a new EB owner. I received our first little boy as a Valentines Day gift from my boyfriend. He is the first love of my life and his name is Savage. The name does not fit him at all because he is a sweet little guy. He is very independent and does not really like to cuddle but he has his sweet moments when he lets me clean his wrinkles without fighting me!! He is currently 8 months.

We then decided like many people that we wanted to add on to our family... and we found a little girl who we fell in love with instantly! Her name is Lucy!! She is 7 months and I like to call her Jiggly! We dont know much about her past and I get the sense she was in a bad situation in her past home, but she is still very loving and sweet! She recently was diagnosed with a case of demodex mange :( and that makes me very sad but we love her and will definitely do anything and everything we can to get her healthy!!

Lucy is the pup with the the black mask... and Savage is our Brindle Baby...

We are Southern California residents and love the sunshine, beach, and bulldog meetups!! savagelucy.jpg

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
Hi there, you couldn't have found a more wonderful site. your babies are beauties. As far as Lucy having the demodex don't fret on it too much. We freaked when Dublin got it and we worked with our vet to get it under control. She has the most beautiful coat now and gets so many compliments. Two very lucky bullies to have such a loving and caring mama... You will be "pestered" for many photos here :D so keep em comin............

L

Lucy-licious

You definitely came to the right place :smileywelcome:

Another sweet Lucy <3 and I love the name Savage too :ROFL:

OP
SavageLucyMom

SavageLucyMom

Aug 10, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Savage and Lucy
With Dublin... did he have many lesions... today I think lucy has about 4 and I know that if she gets 5 the doctor said she could have a compromised immune system... so today just isnt my best day... Im really bummed! we have only had her a month and she is so sweet I feel bad for her!

[MENTION=4786]Dubbiedog[/MENTION]

Last edited by a moderator:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:smileywelcome: to EBN. Sounds like a great family you have. I hope you will take a camera to your meet up this weekend so the rest of us can enjoy it too ;) Thanx so much for joining. :)

mendomama

Aug 28, 2011
Mendocino, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Uni & Boadie
Welcome! You will love it here, so much great information. You will get on top of the mange. Our Uni had it too. This is what I know about it: All dogs carry the mite that causes it but some dogs immune systems don't fight it the way it should and in result have an over population of mites, which cause the hair loss and then may get a secondary infection. To help you can boost the immune system in many ways. If you have not done a search for demodex here, you should. You will learn a ton. There are homeopathic remedies you can try as well as the conventional treatments your vet will give you, as well as supplements you can give to boost the system. Hope you beat it quick! It may take some time but don't worry it not a big deal, totally common thing for the bullies.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:welcome3:

Thank you for saving those beautiful babies!! And, thanks for joining EBN.... lots of fun to be had and tons to learn from each other

Dubbiedog

Community Veteran
Apr 29, 2012
Beautiful Sarasota, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Dublin
With Dublin... did he have many lesions... today I think lucy has about 4 and I know that if she gets 5 the doctor said she could have a compromised immune system... so today just isnt my best day... Im really bummed! we have only had her a month and she is so sweet I feel bad for her!

@Dubbiedog

As you can see Mendomama has gone through that too with Uni. Do check out the information about it on the site. Dublin had lots of as you call them "lesions" My vet who has been a "bully vet" for over 30 years explained it all very well to me and it seems only the puppies with the compromised immune system end up with those nasty critters raising their ugly heads. The older the bully gets and with some help ( I use a probiotic) their immune system gets stronger. We had to do a double round of Ivermectin to totally irridicate the mange. My vet does not recommend the dip process. He said it is way too toxic. It was a long process so don't get disheartened if it doesn't clear up quickly and sometimes it gets worse before it gets better and that is okay too. I did exactly as my vet said and it worked out. I had not found this site at the time so I was "on my own".. Take heart, you have many many friends :)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: both your babies are adorable! Looks like Jiggly is lucky in more ways than one that you found her and are going to do everything possible to be sure she lives the good life!

Most Reactions