Im a new english bulldog owner

dextersgranny

Aug 15, 2012
South Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Dexter
Hi Angel. Congrats on adopting Philly. Dexter is my son's baby. When my son wanted to try living on his own, he left Dexter with me. Dexter seemed to get a little depressed because he didn't understand why his boy wasn't with him. After a day or two my son came by. Well there is no words to express the love in that dogs eyes. I mean Dexter lights up when I get up in the morning and come home from work, but nothing like that. Needless to say my son moved back home and all is well. Maybe Philly is feeling a little insecure. I'm sure he's been through a lot. Keep us posted on that limp.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Yep. Everyone's right. With time, patience and leadership, Philly will attach himself to you and you'll have a shadow with an underbite -- like we all do. :D CONGRATS on your rescue. And Thank You for giving this boy a forever home.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw welcome to ebn and the world of bullies. im sure he will settle down soon and fit right in. cant wait to see more pics.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: hopefully Philly will adjust to your home soon. With lots of love it's bound to happen sooner than later.
Pour princess wasn't too sure about us when she first got here a couple years ago. Now though she rules her kingdom and minions with velvet jowls.
Hopefully the limp is nothing serious.

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
thank you guys, and today was a real turn around for us, this morning before taking my daughter to school philly started playing with us full of energy. even in the car he was totally a different dog from yesterday, not the quiet timid dog anymore, let him play in the backyard i almost got the impression it was a race track from all the running, yesterday he wont even go away from the enclose patio.
We are so happy that he is starting to enjoy and be himself with us, also my wife is starting to put her bags in a safe place lol.
he really wants to play with my neighbors dog, the only thing is the small one is a little bit on the badside he bites!!!!!

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
He is beautiful. I currently have one female bullie, and in process of adopting another from a rescue. She was in puppy mill, and could not have any other puppies, so horrible person was about to shoot her, but thank God, someone rescued her , and now I have the privilege of bringing her to my family. She had a horrible start in life, but boy she is making up for it now. I know we will have some trust earning to do, but we are patience, as she is showing a beautiful puppy like personally in her foster home, after only a few weeks. I will have 2 beautiful little girls, that are playful and getting into everything. They are going to keep their old parents on their toes, but I would not have it any other way.
So, being new to rescur myself, I dont have any proven advice, except, patience, love and time, it will work. Even just talking to them, while they are near you will do wonders. It will happen, these are loving dogs.
Pamela

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
Thank you Pamela, and thanks for giving her a good future.

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
:welcome3: and bless you for rescuing Philly. He sure is handsome

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.