Im a new english bulldog owner

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
hello everyone, we recently adopted a new member to our family, his name is philly he came from resscue facility in miami fl. He is my first english bulldog, we used to have a dalmatian back home. He is very quiet always asleep, i think he's a little stress out, philly is very close to his rescuers, still looking at the door, we went to some short walks, he has a limp so i want the vet to check it out first. hopefully philly will adjust soon to our family.:pray: philly.jpg

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome to EBN. Thank you for adopting!!

L

Lucy-licious

OMG Philly is adorable...I am so glad he rescued you, your life will never be the same :love:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Philly is a very handsome fella. Bulldogs are as a rule generally quiet and reserve, needing little exercise. some may sleep 20 hours a day. They don't do well in heat or long walks. Stainless steel dishes only and a chicken free, grain free diet is best. The folds and tail areas must be kept dry everyday. There is no other breed like them. On the home page you will find so many do's and don'ts. So much to learn. Don't be alarmed just read up and you will have a much better idea of how to care for your new family member. And welcome to EBN you have come to the right place.

:welcome:

OP
angelIV

angelIV

Aug 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
philly
thanks everyone, as of now he is not eating on his dish since yesterday dont really know why, but he eats it when we let him eat off my hands. and he is still limping, check his knees and feet and lower back nothing no pain. hopefully its just muscle spasm:pray:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Welcome to EBN, you will get lots of help and support as I have...I am new here
and own my 1st bully and he is an older adoptee, not a rescue and so has less
issues but he has had 3 previous owners, some of that time has been excessively
crated, his teeth worn down prematurely from chewing on wire kennel. At 4? y/o,
he didn't know how to play and wouldn't have anything to do w/chew bones or toys.
We had a few accidents in the house but on a schedule now, he's been here 2 months
and is so loving and eager for love, he's pure JOY!

Hang in there w/Philly, no matter the issues, be patient, consistent & let him know
WHAT is expected of him, love on him & praise lavishly and he will be loyal and love
you like no other pet you've ever had...English Bulldogs are the best!

Congratulations! He is very handsome and GOD will bless you for opening up your
heart & home for him, you are a wonderful person and I wish many great years for
you & Philly to enjoy each other. Texas Carol & Mr Brutie
is

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN.... glad to have you here. Please don't hesitate to ask as questions as they arise. There are thousands of years of EB experience here willing to help. Thanx for joining :)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
:smileywelcome:
We are so glad you decided to join us! Thank you for posting a picture of your sweet baby right off of the bat. You will find we are all a bit picture CRAZY. Congratulations to both of you and we know you will soon become obessed (ahem) ATTACHED to him!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello -- welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs. Give Philly some time, take him on short walks , maybe just down the street and back.... he will come to love you as much as you love in him in no time. ask the rescue workers if they know about the limp and you can give him joint supplements to help till you get the vet to check him out.

THANK YOU SO MUCH for saving this handsome boy and giving him a new fur-ever home

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
He is probably depressed. Think of the world from his eyes. He didn't know he was not in his forever home. It will take him time to understand YOU are his protector and that you are indeed that "forever home"! Just go slow..take care of his physical needs..give him lots of love..(bully's can NEVER have too much love)..with time he will find himself. I congratulate you on bringing him into your heart. You will never be sorry.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and bless you for taking him into your home. As others have said just give him time and plenty of love and before you know it he will come around and be himself.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello and Welcome,

We are glad that you are here. There are lots of Bullies that have been adopted here. Just take it slowly and take your time.
Ask questions and you will gets lots of answers, advice, opinions and comments.

G'day~

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.