Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Im a new english bulldog owner

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Im a new english bulldog owner

He is probably depressed. Think of the world from his eyes. He didn't know he was not in his forever home. It will take him time to understand YOU are his protector and that you are indeed that "forever home"! Just go slow..take care of his physical needs..give him lots of love..(bully's can NEVER have too much love)..with time he will find himself. I congratulate you on bringing him into your heart. You will never be sorry.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site and bless you for taking him into your home. As others have said just give him time and plenty of love and before you know it he will come around and be himself.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

Hello and Welcome,

We are glad that you are here. There are lots of Bullies that have been adopted here. Just take it slowly and take your time.
    Ask questions and you will gets lots of answers, advice, opinions and comments.

G'day~
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank
    Likes (Received)

what a handsome boy!!! congrats

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fiona
    Likes (Received)

Welcome. Great job with rescuing Philly He will adjust and be a great family member.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Dexter
    Likes (Received)

Hi Angel. Congrats on adopting Philly. Dexter is my son's baby. When my son wanted to try living on his own, he left Dexter with me. Dexter seemed to get a little depressed because he didn't understand why his boy wasn't with him. After a day or two my son came by. Well there is no words to express the love in that dogs eyes. I mean Dexter lights up when I get up in the morning and come home from work, but nothing like that. Needless to say my son moved back home and all is well. Maybe Philly is feeling a little insecure. I'm sure he's been through a lot. Keep us posted on that limp.

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Yep. Everyone's right. With time, patience and leadership, Philly will attach himself to you and you'll have a shadow with an underbite -- like we all do. CONGRATS on your rescue. And Thank You for giving this boy a forever home.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

aw welcome to ebn and the world of bullies. im sure he will settle down soon and fit right in. cant wait to see more pics.

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

hopefully Philly will adjust to your home soon. With lots of love it's bound to happen sooner than later.
    Pour princess wasn't too sure about us when she first got here a couple years ago. Now though she rules her kingdom and minions with velvet jowls.
    Hopefully the limp is nothing serious.

Bulldog(s) Names
    philly
    Likes (Received)

thank you guys, and today was a real turn around for us, this morning before taking my daughter to school philly started playing with us full of energy. even in the car he was totally a different dog from yesterday, not the quiet timid dog anymore, let him play in the backyard i almost got the impression it was a race track from all the running, yesterday he wont even go away from the enclose patio.
    We are so happy that he is starting to enjoy and be himself with us, also my wife is starting to put her bags in a safe place lol.
    he really wants to play with my neighbors dog, the only thing is the small one is a little bit on the badside he bites!!!!!

Kennel Cleaner
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma and Annie
    Likes (Received)

He is beautiful. I currently have one female bullie, and in process of adopting another from a rescue. She was in puppy mill, and could not have any other puppies, so horrible person was about to shoot her, but thank God, someone rescued her , and now I have the privilege of bringing her to my family. She had a horrible start in life, but boy she is making up for it now. I know we will have some trust earning to do, but we are patience, as she is showing a beautiful puppy like personally in her foster home, after only a few weeks. I will have 2 beautiful little girls, that are playful and getting into everything. They are going to keep their old parents on their toes, but I would not have it any other way.
    So, being new to rescur myself, I dont have any proven advice, except, patience, love and time, it will work. Even just talking to them, while they are near you will do wonders. It will happen, these are loving dogs.
    Pamela

Bulldog(s) Names
    philly
    Likes (Received)

Thank you Pamela, and thanks for giving her a good future.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads