New and need advice!

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

Hahaha food for thought ~ To all of us. Picking the RIGHT food is what works best for our dogs, right? We have opinions about suggesting to others.

As was said, take your time, switch slowly over the course of a few days or else you will end up with unintended consequences that might NOT be related to the food but rather switching too fast.

G'day~

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:hiii: you've been given lots of good advise already, but I just wanted to say :welcome:

OP
KelseyandAtticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Athens, West Virginia, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345305757.610666.jpg this is a picture of one of his spots.. He scratches and makes them worse

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Have you had his skin scraped and tested at the vet! I had a rescue pitbull who had something similiar and it turned out she had mange... Im not saying thats what it is..Hope things get better real soon!

OP
KelseyandAtticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
Atty's food change seems to be going well over the past few days....it seems like his poots have increased some but the smell has decreased dramatically...just one new spot and he's still itching but it seems to be more manageable than before. Next vet appt is wednesday so well see what they say

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My that looks painful and itchy!!!! and no doubt if it is an infection it is causing a smell.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
KelseyandAtticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
This is after he bites and chews...so I don't know if it's the actual rash bc I can't find any hives or nothing until after he digs.... He's wearing a shirt and we're waging war with the booties at night when we sleep...he's now on blue buffalo lamb and brown rice and he hasn't licked his paws or had any new spots in the past two days...his poop is harder again and his eyes aren't red after meal time, so I think we're winning slowly but surely.... Hopefully when we're completely off the old food it will be better

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This is after he bites and chews...so I don't know if it's the actual rash bc I can't find any hives or nothing until after he digs.... He's wearing a shirt and we're waging war with the booties at night when we sleep...he's now on blue buffalo lamb and brown rice and he hasn't licked his paws or had any new spots in the past two days...his poop is harder again and his eyes aren't red after meal time, so I think we're winning slowly but surely.... Hopefully when we're completely off the old food it will be better

If it does, I would be awesome if you wrote a story about it for our dog food testimonials, contact [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] if you are interested! As well as anyone else who has been helped by change of diet :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

OP
KelseyandAtticus

KelseyandAtticus

Aug 8, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Atticus
Hi everyone....just got back from the vets office and it turns out poor Atticus has sarcoptic mange :0(.....I feel terrible bc he's been so miserable, but at least now we finally know what's wrong....we're going to stick with the blue buffalo bc it seemedvto improve other areas... If anybody has advice please feel free to share

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi everyone....just got back from the vets office and it turns out poor Atticus has sarcoptic mange :0(.....I feel terrible bc he's been so miserable, but at least now we finally know what's wrong....we're going to stick with the blue buffalo bc it seemedvto improve other areas... If anybody has advice please feel free to share

OH NO!!! Poor little guy! I have no experience, but send positive thoughts and prayers for a quick recovery

Members online

No members online now.