Hello Guys!

shaamol13

Aug 14, 2012
Memphis
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
Hi! I'm a dog lover, but i must say I'm somewhat intimidated with the looks of a bulldog. though my friends tell me that there are certain breeds that are gentle I am still having second thoughts whether to get one.

btw i already have a jap. spitz and I want to give him a playmate. so there. any suggestions on what specific breed to get?

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
This intimidates you? :ohmy:
d8a5fc6d-2702-a875.jpg

:ROFL: well.. He is smiling at you!!!

Angelgirl

Dec 28, 2010
Pa
Bulldog(s) Names
Annabella (Belly) and Bob Dylan
:laugh: Not much intimidating here either..unless his dirty nose is scary
004-3.jpg

Welcome! Bullies are just gentle giants! They had a bad rap back in the 1600's because they were bred for bull bating. Now they are just lovable clowns. Mine make me laugh every day and I couldn't imagine life without them. Please do your research on the breed though. This isn't the dog for every one! They aren't just expensive to buy, but also to maintain. You can't feed them junk food or expect them not to have more medical problems than other dogs.They tend to have allergies so you have to be careful with their diet. But they will love you and win your heart like no other. :heart:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
You are seriously asking us what breed to get? For most of us there is no other breed than....481391_10150959020379726_450613724_n.jpgScary or what? :lmao:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Bulldogs are sleepers, cuddlers and players.... nothing to be intimidated by unless there is a behavior issue, which can happen with any and all breeds.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Bulldogs are excellent family pets and are VERY attached to their people. They are big babies that need human love and interaction to be happy. I also have a Basset Hound and I have to say that their personalities are VERY similar. Just calm, cool, lazy, sweeties. I would be more intimidated by a high strung breed like a Japanese Spitz than an ambling goofball like a bulldog.

As stated above, do your research. These dogs are not for everyone but not because of their personalities. It is because of their health and the level of care they need.

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
you mean there are other breeds of dogs????? :D Kisses!.jpgMy bully is the sweetest most lovable and loyal baby. As stated by the others, the only concern should be their diet and care. Good luck!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: glad you joined. Learning about them before you get any animal is always a wise decision.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online