Greetings from Australia - First time bulldog owner :)

Siobhan

Aug 5, 2012
Perth, WA, Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
Hello!! As per protocol, thought I'd post a thread introducing myself. My name is Siobhan and my bulldog is Molly, she is 18months old and unfortunately deaf. (dont let that fool you though!) We live in Australia. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Jan 31, 2012
Melbourne, Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruno & Gidget
Hi Siobhan and Molly!! Gloria and Boo Boo here! From Melbourne. First time owner of bully here too. Advice on deaf bulldogs? Sorry can't help but there are plenty on here that will offer sound advice. Welcome to the site.

OP
S

Siobhan

Aug 5, 2012
Perth, WA, Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
Hi Gloria! How long have you had Boo Boo? Molly LOVES to sunbathe, and being a white bully in Australian heat...isn't good. Is Boo Boo your only dog? I worry that Molly gets a tad lonely being the only dog in our house.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
OP
S

Siobhan

Aug 5, 2012
Perth, WA, Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
I've put pics on here...I think?? I'm still trying to work out how to use this site. I think they uploaded to my page?? Sorry!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
No worries! Found them from your album. It took me awhile too to get the hang on things. She is very beautiful!

Last edited:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Siobhan. No worries about your girl being lonely, that just means she gets to keep you all to herself. At least that's how HRH feels about being an only princess.

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
I am a raw food parent-will never do commercial-took care of skin allergies for my Emma, she is now healthy. Highly recommend.
sounds like you got it together with your baby being deaf, this is not a problem, Good for you. With patience, hand signals for training and commands, lots of activity, she will be happy and have a full life.
Good luck and she will be the love of your life.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
aw welcome to ebn. yes this site does take some getting used to but its so worth it. ive never had a deaf bully but i think others have said they taught theirs hand signals and such and it was fine. kudos to you on your bully. :2thumbs:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello.... welcome to EBN!! Ask away on any topic or question and someone within the community will be sure to help you in some way.

:pics:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
WElcome to EBN!! Do you have an Irish background with those names?

OP
S

Siobhan

Aug 5, 2012
Perth, WA, Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly
Thanks for all the great replies :) My parents are Irish, I was born in England and now live in Australia. As for Molly...her name was chosen by my brother haha.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online