First Time Bully Parent!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
oh my she is very pretty. welcome to ebn. i cant wait to hear stories of your sadie. i dont think ive ever heard of a dumb bully just a stubborn one. sarah is very smart i think she actually understands what im saying to her.

OP
daphne18

daphne18

Aug 4, 2012
Houston, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Thanks so much for all of the encouragement and compliments. :D

I have been taking her to an approved bulldog vet. He did tell me to switch her to a single grain-free protein kibble to see if that would help. He also suggested an allergy panel in a few months. I guess that would be around the year mark for her. I followed his suggestions and switched to a single grain-free protein twice, but it did not help. After half-a-bag of the Nature's Variety Instinct Salmon meal, she swarmed with yeast all over her face, belly, armpits and tail pocket. Her fur literally turned peachy pink (like a salmon) in all of those areas. Every time I would wipe her down the cloth came away with all of this red looking dirt. She was beginning to get two hot spots on her neck. I felt I didn't have time to try another kibble before we would be in a very serious situation.

I started reading about BARF and searching EBN's forums and made a hasty switch. I did start with chicken because it is easy to get (even though I know chicken can be a problem). Several people have stated that just because they are allergic to a specific protein in kibble they often react well to it in raw. I have been bathing Sadie in medicated shampoo (Malaseb - which seems to really irritate the mucus production) and feeding raw for a week. Her chin acne is healing and she has virtually no hives or red knotty bumps on her body. Her fur is less pink, but that might be the medicated shampoo. However, her skin seems to be less inflamed. I will know a lot more in a couple weeks. Since she is all white, my redheaded sister said that Sadie was my very own redhead with their very sensitive skin! I think she might be right...

Thanks everyone. I am sure I will be living on the forum. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.