daphne18

Aug 4, 2012
Houston, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sadie
Sadie Forum.jpgSadie Profile Pic.jpg

We were introduced to the breed through a rescue. We purchased a puppy from a breeder this last March. Her name is Sadie and she is beautiful! People that don't understand the breed always say they aren't very bright. Well, Sadie is brilliant! Nevertheless, she is a bully through and through. She appears to suffer from food allergies even after switching her food three times in six months and numerous trips to the vet. We have started her on a raw diet. I am optimistic as she already seems to have improved. I really appreciate all of the good information on the forums and I will keep everybody updated on her progress.

Last edited:

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
No kiddin' Sadie is beautiful :inlove: Yes, the food thing is one of the main problems for bulldogs. And yes, some find going the raw route is helpful. Did not your vet recommend a blood allergy test? There is a skin test that is more involved but supposedly more accurate but not usually performed till a year old. Thanks for your input and looking forward to those updates.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:smileywelcome: Glad you joined us :) She is such a cutie pa tootie :2thumbs: Food is usually the main cause in most bullies allergies. There are a bunch of members who feed raw and we also have a raw section too! The allergy panel for food/enviromental is usually done after 1 (sometimes allergies dont show up until after 1 year or 2. If she gets worse and starts developing severe reactions you may need to do the test earlier.

:hmm: Bullies are very smart in their own way :) Some not as much as others lol Please keep us updated and look forward to sharing pics and stories :)

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Sadie is just gorgeous! And of course she is smart mama! They are just a bit stubborn and people mistake that for not being that bright.

Welcome to EBN! We are so glad that you have decided to join us. I can't wait to see more pictures and stories about Sadie. Jump right in and I hope you have fun and are able to get answers to any question that you might have.

If you want to try RAW, GREAT! It can also be environmental. My girl Gypsy has tear stains and they will just not go away. We went to FL for about 5 weeks, and they disappeared! They came right back when we came home :(. It is crazy! I don't think KY agrees with her but then it doesn't agree with me either. lol

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
"Ms Sadie is one sexy lady!" pants Mr Brutie :luv:

Congratulations and Welcome to EBN!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Welcome! Sadie is such a beauty. I can't wait to see and hear more of her. I fully disagree with the idea that bullies aren't smart. Our Aubrey was a very smart, quick learner and Aubie Shug is a smart booger too! I taught her to roll over in 5 minutes, right on par with my family's brilliant jack russell. She can be very stubborn, but she is definitely a very smart girl... a sneaky, smart little rascal who knows how to play the system, lol.

kayo56

Jul 11, 2012
Old Bridge, New Jersey, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet.
Ah, she's such a cutie. I think that bulldogs are very bright. My brother's bulldog would stand and bark at my mother's porch door for apparently no reason, and it turned out she would be barking because she remembered they put a soccer ball out there the last time they'd visited, a month earlier.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Welcome! Really the people who call bullies dumb should look in the mirror for stupidity. Bullies are highly adaptible and they really learn things quickly if being tought. But if you don't even try to teach them anything all they pick up is bad habbits. They can also be very active against the popular belief. But if you rather lay in the couch they will lay there with you. Your sadie is truly gorgeous and you can see she's smart from her eyes!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: Sadie is adorable. Looking forward to seeing lots more of her in the future!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN Glad you joined and hope you enjoy it here. Please feel free to participate and check out all the thinks to do here. :)

LynnA

Community Veteran
Apr 25, 2012
Maine
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis and Winston
Welcome! Sadie is beautiful. Bulldogs are so smart - Otis has been a quick learner with everything.

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
Our bullies are very very smart, just have to learn to work with stubborn streak. She is beautiful. I am a raw food parent also, been grinding for over a year, will never never go back to commercial dog food again. It has saved my Emma life. Took care of skin allergies, tummy problems, stool problems, has increased her energy level, beautiful glistening coat. You will not be sorry about doing raw.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online