Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new member and new owner!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Champ
    Likes (Received)

Default new member and new owner!

Hello everyone, my name is Drew and I've had an eb pup for about a week and a half. I realize being a bully owner is a lot harder than your average dog so here I am. Ive been referencing this site everyday for questions and common knowledge for about 3 weeks before I even got Champ, but I finally pulled the trigger and registered today. Ive been having problems with his poop, it is very soft. Im not sure what the breeder was feeding him but I have been feeding him Royal Canin EB 30. He hasnt really been taking to it so i got the Blue Wilderness for puppies. I am going to start mixing it in tonight. Ill let you guys know how things work out I am hopeful to be picking up some harder poops soon. Any advice for a newbie bully owner would be very helpful. Ive done research on the web but almost every site seems to have copy and pasted their information from the same source.

-Champs Owner

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: new member and new owner!

.. So glad you've come out into the light! You'll definitely gets lots of great advice! Good for you for switching from Royal Canin..it can be trial and error to find the best food for your Bully. I would stay away fom chicken...it seems many Bully's have a sensitivity to chicken. When you start your switch..go very slowly..1/4 new to 3/4 old for a few days..then 1/2 and 1/2... For few days..then 3/4 new..1/4 o,d for few days..then all in! I would go to market and get some canned pumpkin..NOT the pumpkin pie filling..but 100% pumpkin. Add a teaspoon to each meal..it works great to firm up his poo..ànd will help with transition.

Remember..we love pictures! And we have a Puppy Group in our Social Goups! Sign up..it's all puppy peeps like you. You will be able to learn from each other too!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

Becky just gave you the advice I would have for firming up his poo with the pumpkin.
    If that doesn't do the trick then I would advise a trip to the vet with a fresh sample to rule out any kind of parasite issue.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Champ
    Likes (Received)

We took him to the vet, after we got him from the breeder. He had worms so we gave him a pill that was prescribed by the vet. I have another appointment in a week so ill have her check the poop again. I will have to buy some of that canned pumpkin. Im guessing its in the canned goods aisle in the grocery store? Champ is 7.5 weeks old we got him at 6 weeks. Im not too sure why the breeder gave him up at 6 but he did. I will post some pics when Lazy wakes up lol.

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome! This website is so great and you will learn a lot! Post pics when you get a chance!
    Princess, Diva, and Gio <3

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by iMacDrew View Post
    We took him to the vet, after we got him from the breeder. He had worms so we gave him a pill that was prescribed by the vet. I have another appointment in a week so ill have her check the poop again. I will have to buy some of that canned pumpkin. Im guessing its in the canned goods aisle in the grocery store? Champ is 7.5 weeks old we got him at 6 weeks. Im not too sure why the breeder gave him up at 6 but he did. I will post some pics when Lazy wakes up lol.

I find it with the canned vegetables ..just make sure NOT to get the pie filling..get a couple cans..it's great to have on hand.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    And we have a Puppy Group in our Social Goups! Sign up..it's all puppy peeps like you. You will be able to learn from each other too!

Where is this? I just looked but couldn't find it.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Check out the article Welcoming Home Your Bulldog Puppy from the home page. It's not copied and pasted because my wife wrote it. Welcome to the site!
    aka "Bullpapa DeLano" on facebook

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome to you and Champ!!! @JAKEISGREAT gave awesome advice! I am glad you took him off of Royal Canin, it seems not to be a great food for our bullies even though it is sold as such. Blue buffalo is good. You after you get him slowly transitioned reassess his poops. If they are still soft, you can always try just backing off of the food a smidge.

Good luck and welcome to the bully world!!!!

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Mountainlover View Post
    Where is this? I just looked but couldn't find it.

Here it is! In case link doesn't work..go to Navibar..look for Social Groups..will take you there..and then Puppy Group!

http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...php?groupid=27

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

to EBN

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Welcome to EBN! Glad you joined us, not sure what additional advice to add, you've gotten alot of great advice already

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads