new member and new owner!

iMacDrew

Aug 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Champ
Hello everyone, my name is Drew and I've had an eb pup for about a week and a half. I realize being a bully owner is a lot harder than your average dog so here I am. Ive been referencing this site everyday for questions and common knowledge for about 3 weeks before I even got Champ, but I finally pulled the trigger and registered today. Ive been having problems with his poop, it is very soft. Im not sure what the breeder was feeding him but I have been feeding him Royal Canin EB 30. He hasnt really been taking to it so i got the Blue Wilderness for puppies. I am going to start mixing it in tonight. Ill let you guys know how things work out I am hopeful to be picking up some harder poops soon. Any advice for a newbie bully owner would be very helpful. Ive done research on the web but almost every site seems to have copy and pasted their information from the same source.

-Champs Owner

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya:.. So glad you've come out into the light! You'll definitely gets lots of great advice! Good for you for switching from Royal Canin..it can be trial and error to find the best food for your Bully. I would stay away fom chicken...it seems many Bully's have a sensitivity to chicken. When you start your switch..go very slowly..1/4 new to 3/4 old for a few days..then 1/2 and 1/2... For few days..then 3/4 new..1/4 o,d for few days..then all in! I would go to market and get some canned pumpkin..NOT the pumpkin pie filling..but 100% pumpkin. Add a teaspoon to each meal..it works great to firm up his poo..ànd will help with transition.

Remember..we love pictures! And we have a Puppy Group in our Social Goups! Sign up..it's all puppy peeps like you. You will be able to learn from each other too!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Becky just gave you the advice I would have for firming up his poo with the pumpkin.
If that doesn't do the trick then I would advise a trip to the vet with a fresh sample to rule out any kind of parasite issue.

OP
I

iMacDrew

Aug 5, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Champ
We took him to the vet, after we got him from the breeder. He had worms so we gave him a pill that was prescribed by the vet. I have another appointment in a week so ill have her check the poop again. I will have to buy some of that canned pumpkin. Im guessing its in the canned goods aisle in the grocery store? Champ is 7.5 weeks old we got him at 6 weeks. Im not too sure why the breeder gave him up at 6 but he did. I will post some pics when Lazy wakes up lol.

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Welcome! This website is so great and you will learn a lot! Post pics when you get a chance!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
We took him to the vet, after we got him from the breeder. He had worms so we gave him a pill that was prescribed by the vet. I have another appointment in a week so ill have her check the poop again. I will have to buy some of that canned pumpkin. Im guessing its in the canned goods aisle in the grocery store? Champ is 7.5 weeks old we got him at 6 weeks. Im not too sure why the breeder gave him up at 6 but he did. I will post some pics when Lazy wakes up lol.

I find it with the canned vegetables ..just make sure NOT to get the pie filling..get a couple cans..it's great to have on hand.

Bulldogg

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2010
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Molly, Mandy, Jesse, Yuna & Tidus
Check out the article Welcoming Home Your Bulldog Puppy from the home page. It's not copied and pasted because my wife wrote it. Welcome to the site!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Welcome to you and Champ!!! [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] gave awesome advice! I am glad you took him off of Royal Canin, it seems not to be a great food for our bullies even though it is sold as such. Blue buffalo is good. You after you get him slowly transitioned reassess his poops. If they are still soft, you can always try just backing off of the food a smidge.

Good luck and welcome to the bully world!!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs!

:welcome:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online