The Dynamic Duo

The Worldbreaker

Aug 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Durbi and Braumly
Hi,

My name is Jeff, my wife and I have been bulldog parents for 3+ years now. We were looking into bulldogs for 2 years before we bit the bullet and jumped into bulldog parenthood. After looking around for a while we finally found this great breeder in Washington state who gave us the gift of Durbi our little "goofy face". About a year and half later we decided that we would like the little fella to have a brother and turned back to our breeder from Washington to try and get a puppy from their upcoming litter. Unfortunately there was a problem with the litter and none of the puppies survived. We were saddened both by the circumstance and for the breeder who we'd built quite the relationship with. All was not lost however as that breeder knew of another breeder in her area who was expecting a litter of bullies shortly there after. We got on the wait list and a short while later we were parents to Braumly the "floppy dog". Poor Durbi did not know what to think of this little pup when they first met, as Braumly had the more dominant personality right out of the gate. Durbi was the ever gentle older brother when Braumly was just a pup. He was so gentle when they played tug or rough housed in the living room. The two of them have been the dynamic duo ever since. Durbi is three and a half years old now and Braumly is one and a half years old.

The reason I joined this site is because, although for the most part our two "meat heads" are great and we love them to death, they have some behavioral issues both old and new that are causing my wife and I some considerable stress. They both have their own unique brand of misbehavior and we want to correct them or be on our way to correcting them before our baby is born in November. Our hope is that through the suggestions and guidance of this community we can achieve better success with our boys.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:welcome: I hope we can help you out! Can't wait to see pics!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Yes welcome! Love their names! We have quite the group here who loves helping with training and behavioural issues. Some even have skin babies of their own. Wish you much luck and success!

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Welcome to EBN. Don't hesitate to jump in and ask questions, give advice and just chat. We can't wait to pictures of your bullies!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and would love to see pics of your boys.

OP
The Worldbreaker

The Worldbreaker

Aug 3, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Durbi and Braumly
This is our Durbi dog... IMG_3605.jpgIMG_3606.jpg

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
I have a dynamic duo also! ha ha I call them that all the time. When the play I also make these noises, "Zow", "Pow", "WHAM". OK. Enough of the Batman jokes.

Welcome!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Glad you joined. Perhaps you can post about the particular behavior problems in the behavioral section and people can suggest what works for them.

Our princess came to us as an adult. She has pretty good manners for the most part. And the bad habits she does have have been acquired here. So we wouldn't be able to offer any advice at all.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. There are some very good behaviorists here that will probably point you in the right direction with correcting your pups. Glad you joined and look forward to following your bullies progress :)

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Welcome! They are both so adorable!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to the wonderful and wacky, yet informative world of EBN

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.