newbie looking for advice

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
sorry thought i had said lol yes she has 2 young kids of her own who buster has been brought up with and been around she has said that he is great with her kids and i dont think she would have offered him to me if he was at all nasty she knows i have a young son . the reason she is selling is purely financial . im taking my son to meet him tomorrow to see how he takes to him any tips i should look out for hope it all goes ok as i think hes great and will go everywhere i go

Here's my best advice; leave the friend and her kids behind and take the dog for a walk - with your son. have your son hold onto the leash too and provide corrections as you walk. Kids can be pack leaders too! Set the stage for respect out the gate.

How awesome you are going to take this dog. I would wonder why she's rehoming however (honestly).

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
How wonderful that you are considering an older bully! Good for you (and him). Be sure to take him to the vet right away to check for fleas, heartworm, infections, etc. Especially since he has been outside. Old English bullies are just as wonderful as our EBs. My mom has one and he is just wonderful.

You received some excellent advice above about the interaction with your son.

Keep us posted!

OP
G

gra76

Aug 4, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
none yet
thanx for all of the positive feed back everybody we went to see him spent a good hour there he was fantstic with us and loved m son he went up to him and rolled over in front of my son onto his back and accidently knocked him over ( not hard ) then when he cried buster got up and licked his face as if to say sorry was realy cute he takes well to orders and comes back and sits when told such a loving dog . they feed him dried food with pasta and a little sausage meat mixed in . i have to say he looks a picture of health and is full of life and is a big solid fella . soft as a brush lol

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
thanx for all of the positive feed back everybody we went to see him spent a good hour there he was fantstic with us and loved m son he went up to him and rolled over in front of my son onto his back and accidently knocked him over ( not hard ) then when he cried buster got up and licked his face as if to say sorry was realy cute he takes well to orders and comes back and sits when told such a loving dog . they feed him dried food with pasta and a little sausage meat mixed in . i have to say he looks a picture of health and is full of life and is a big solid fella . soft as a brush lol

YAY! I sure hope you decide to take him home :)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh that is beyond wonderful that the meeting went so well!! Sounds like love at first sight! The knocking down of the babies is common in my house but nothing that bothers the kids here really. Still waiting for a pic tho so hurry up with that please. :D

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.