Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newbie looking for advice

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Well if he has been around kids then that is good. I would still take it slow cuz any animal can be dangerous, until you really know him anyhow. My bullies r fabulous with my kids, I have an almost 4 year old and a1 1/2 year old as well. they do plow thru the kids doomed when exited but nothing too crazy. Can't wait for pics! Find out what good they feed and if its not a great brand you might want to consider a slow switch to something better. Food makes a huge diff in these babies lives.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: newbie looking for advice

what type of food would you suggest i want to get it right so that he is a healthy and happy fella . ive only ever had german shepherds and rotties and they would eat anything lol

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

I sure hope this works out for you. There is no love like bully love!

As far as what to feed, your choices are different there than here. @Lucy-licious may be able to give you some food advice with what's available and good in the UK.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

to EBN

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb Vicaroo1000's Avatar
    Real Name
    Vicki
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by gra76 View Post
    sorry thought i had said lol yes she has 2 young kids of her own who buster has been brought up with and been around she has said that he is great with her kids and i dont think she would have offered him to me if he was at all nasty she knows i have a young son . the reason she is selling is purely financial . im taking my son to meet him tomorrow to see how he takes to him any tips i should look out for hope it all goes ok as i think hes great and will go everywhere i go
    Here's my best advice; leave the friend and her kids behind and take the dog for a walk - with your son. have your son hold onto the leash too and provide corrections as you walk. Kids can be pack leaders too! Set the stage for respect out the gate.

How awesome you are going to take this dog. I would wonder why she's rehoming however (honestly).

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

How wonderful that you are considering an older bully! Good for you (and him). Be sure to take him to the vet right away to check for fleas, heartworm, infections, etc. Especially since he has been outside. Old English bullies are just as wonderful as our EBs. My mom has one and he is just wonderful.

You received some excellent advice above about the interaction with your son.

Keep us posted!

Bulldog(s) Names
    none yet
    Likes (Received)

thanx for all of the positive feed back everybody we went to see him spent a good hour there he was fantstic with us and loved m son he went up to him and rolled over in front of my son onto his back and accidently knocked him over ( not hard ) then when he cried buster got up and licked his face as if to say sorry was realy cute he takes well to orders and comes back and sits when told such a loving dog . they feed him dried food with pasta and a little sausage meat mixed in . i have to say he looks a picture of health and is full of life and is a big solid fella . soft as a brush lol

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by gra76 View Post
    thanx for all of the positive feed back everybody we went to see him spent a good hour there he was fantstic with us and loved m son he went up to him and rolled over in front of my son onto his back and accidently knocked him over ( not hard ) then when he cried buster got up and licked his face as if to say sorry was realy cute he takes well to orders and comes back and sits when told such a loving dog . they feed him dried food with pasta and a little sausage meat mixed in . i have to say he looks a picture of health and is full of life and is a big solid fella . soft as a brush lol

YAY! I sure hope you decide to take him home

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Oh that is beyond wonderful that the meeting went so well!! Sounds like love at first sight! The knocking down of the babies is common in my house but nothing that bothers the kids here really. Still waiting for a pic tho so hurry up with that please.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads