elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Hi everyone,

I'm new to the forum and so happy to read all the great advice you all give.

I have a 5 month old male bullie with a floppy ear. I wanted to get your opinions.

When I got him from the breeder both of his ears were rosed. Then after a week or so, one flopped down and the breeder glued it back. It stayed glued for about 2 weeks. Then the ears were rosed once again, after a few days, maybe a week, the same one flopped back down again. It will rose every once in a while (like when he wakes up in the morning or is really excited while playing).

The breeder said that I can have her glue it back one more time if I like.

I was wondering if you guys think it's just due to him teething since they do rose every once in a while. Or will it need to be glued again?

Thanks for your input, advice, opinions everyone! And I will now go read more of your great posts and look at your great baby photos!

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Welcome! Do you plan on showing your pup? I personally think if not then to glue it back is totally unnecessary as it is purely cosmetic. Now this is just my opinion and your mileage may vary :D I'm sure the pros will be around soon to help you out on this one.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
If not going to show your bully, I say NO.

I personally love the quirks and idiosyncrasies of the English Bulldog.

Like what you just described, to me, would make him all the more 'him'
and adorable and special...just love your bully for WHO & WHAT he is
:heart:

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
My pup is 8.5 weeks old and is going through the exact same thing. I am not going to reglue Barley's. The skin is irrated, raw and is dirty. This can't be comfortable and if you aren't going to show, then my vote is to not give a rats batukus about what other people think of his ears :)

Last edited:

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
of course this is only my opinion, not trying to offend anyone.

wouldtick

Jul 22, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Barley's Rainbow Cupcake
another update for you. My little bully had a ton of glue in his ears. The left ear came broke free on Sunday, the right ear just came loose tonight after i cleaned it. It smelled horrible and is irritated. I dried it and treated it so it doesn't get an infection but man does it look uncomfortable. I am sure there are ways to glue an ear without so much glue but his ear is a mess. I had reached out on the forums in regards to help with a stinky bulldog and now i am sure it was his ears all along. Poor little guy. Smells great now though :)

OP
elearn

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
another update for you. My little bully had a ton of glue in his ears. The left ear came broke free on Sunday, the right ear just came loose tonight after i cleaned it. It smelled horrible and is irritated. I dried it and treated it so it doesn't get an infection but man does it look uncomfortable. I am sure there are ways to glue an ear without so much glue but his ear is a mess. I had reached out on the forums in regards to help with a stinky bulldog and now i am sure it was his ears all along. Poor little guy. Smells great now though :)

LOL that's great to hear :) I think I was more traumatized than my pup when his ears were glued. He didnt mind it at all. The issue was mostly me "checking" them all the time and him getting annoyed at me fussing over him like I always do. The good thing about them being glued back was that it was much easier for me to clean them. Now with that one ear flopping, I just can't take a quick peek inside to check their status.

I'm thinking they will rose back and this is just due to teething - twice today they were set back nicely until I started bothering him to go outside :) I definitely dont want to have to glue it again if will work itself out.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: so glad you joined! Looking forward to seeing more of Herman.
Gracie has one perfect rose ear and one floppy one. Both with perfect spots all over them. It's all just part of her royal charm! :heart:

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I dont mean to sound like dumb here but what does a natural bulldog ear look like and what is a glued?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: so glad you joined! Looking forward to seeing more of Herman.
Gracie has one perfect rose ear and one floppy one. Both with perfect spots all over them. It's all just part of her royal charm! :heart:

What she said. Princess Gracie is our baby and her floppy ear is beautiful in the eye of this beholder. :welcome: to EBN. Im glad you joined and look forward to seeing lots of pix of your baby. ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.