Newbie with question

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: so glad you joined! You already have some good advice about the tremors. And keep reading and you will come to your own conclusion on the best foods to consider.

Looking forward to seeing more of Bullie and Lola!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
You've had so many suggestions so far ... to make it easier let me give you a summary!!First of all here is a video of Maggie having a head tremor ..... http://youtu.be/KJlwBoFuJMY

This is a typical head tremor and it is amazing how many vets out there do not have a clue what one is, and proceed to fill the owners heads with nightmare predictions of brain tumours and much worse!!

If this is what happened ... well there is no right or wrong answer to what causes them. And everybody is going to post the reason for them, depending on their own experiences.

For Maggie and for other bullys it has been over-stimulation. In this case it was the promise of one of her favorite treats ....a baby carrot. So before you start dosing your bully with all kinds of sugary stuff it may not be sugar related. @KMARINO had a similar experience when her Vegas had his favorite stuffed toy taken off him, and kmarino's husband was pretending to snuggle it in front of Vegas. Vegas became so anxious and over-stimulated by this that he experienced his first head tremors.

So you just need to find out the trigger and go from there ... whatever it is. It's NOT life threatening if it's purely a head tremor and it affects us more than it does them!!!I do hope this reassures you ....:assurred:

OP
BullyMomx2

BullyMomx2

Jul 31, 2012
South Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullee and Lola
Thank you so much for getting back to me. You're right about the Science Diet; feeding him the U/D he still contracted the stones. I am going to try what you do for Usko as I want to do the absolute best thing for Bullee! Usko is adorable; he looks like Bullee's brother! I'll let you know how it goes!! Thank you again.

OP
BullyMomx2

BullyMomx2

Jul 31, 2012
South Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullee and Lola
Thank you so much. Everyone on here has been so nice and helpful! Princess Gracie is such a "ham"!

OP
BullyMomx2

BullyMomx2

Jul 31, 2012
South Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullee and Lola
That's it! Thank you so much for the video; it helped me more than you will ever know...I do think it affected me more than Bullee...You have definitely put my mind at ease and I feel so much better now....Maggie is too cute...I love her markings...

Attachments

• !cid__0202101214-00.jpg
    !cid__0202101214-00.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 42
  • bullee prom.jpg
    bullee prom.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 44

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Thank you so much for getting back to me. You're right about the Science Diet; feeding him the U/D he still contracted the stones. I am going to try what you do for Usko as I want to do the absolute best thing for Bullee! Usko is adorable; he looks like Bullee's brother! I'll let you know how it goes!! Thank you again.

Just glad if we can help. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any questions. In that article in dogaware you find a very good purine table and suggestions on meals and supplements too. Remember to stay away from everything that is highlighted in red in that list and monitor his urine pH. These stones form in acid urine and baking soda makes it more alkaline. Too much is bad too so you have to know were you are. I'm sure that you can get a meter to do that. It can be the same used to measure the water pH in fish tanks. Good luck and let us know how you're doing!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Just wanted to let you know that raw food helps. I had Usko's urine tested today and it was clear, no crystals and pH perfect 7,5. I stopped giving him Allonol 3 weeks ago and still the test came back clear, so no medication is needed. Only raw food and baking soda.

pamela

May 15, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma and Annie
Emma has them from time to time, just when she is sleeping. Scared me to death, the first time, we rushed her to emergency room. But with alot of tests from vet, determine, (and I dont remember the technical term) but Emma has extra skin, that falls over trachae at night, so interferes with oxygen, so head shakes, If I see it, I just wake her up, but I am sure that it happens at times when I do not see it, so she must wake herself up. Nothing for us to be concerned about.

roanne9145

Apr 11, 2010
Palmyra New York
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Apple, Grudge, Chisel and Rukus
:smileywelcome: My 8 month old boy had it for awhile but thank God they went away. I gave him a few tablespoons of yogurt or just waited it out....Scary but very very common in Bulldogs. They also say a new experience or when a female goes into heat. Good luck and always glad to help.....
Roanne

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN.... you babies are adorable!

as [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] stated, the tremors are nothing to be concerned about, the are known as 'idiopathic head tremor' - meaning there is no known cause and they are non-life threatening. Give a treat and call their name, as long as they are responsive it is not a seizure, just a tremor.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
hi there and welcome to ebn. im sorry bout the head tremors but you have already gotten good advice. you may try a doggie vitamin since the science diet is probably not giving your baby all they need till you get the food sorted out. keep us updated and the pics coming. :)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.