Newbie with question

BullyMomx2

Jul 31, 2012
South Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullee and Lola
Hi Everyone:

My name is Catherine and I am the proud Moma of Bullee (Bulls) and Lola! I am new to the English Bulldog News and am so excited that I found a forum to help me with my questions about my "puppies".

A little info about Bulls and Lola:
Bullee is our 3 yo male and just a sweetheart. He was my first bully (he sleeps at my feet while I work) and I just had to have another one, Miss Lola...she is a mess...scared of everything, but has to be the sweetest little girl ever! The different personalities are amazing.

This morning Bullee had "head tremors" and while researching it I found this site. I also called his vet and they said it could be mini seizures, to watch him and he may also need blood work... Of course, like any mom I am not taking my eyes off of him but I just wondered what causes this and will he have to be on medication. Last month he had his 2nd surgery to remove urine crystals and create a new opening to urinate (now has 2 so he will not get blocked again) and has done great since....Can anyone tell me what causes this?

Thanks for all your help (in advance)!

RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Head tremors are a common Bully Ailment - people will say, get SUGAR into them (Kayro Syrup, Corn Syrup etc) and it will stop the head shake session. Gizmo has woken us up at night with these from time to time, and what we have found best is to 'Snap' her out of them. LOUDLY Clap YOUR HANDS and Say her name - it startles Gizmo and then she is fine. I think she has has 5-6 (that we know of) in the last 6 months. We tried lifting her, craddling her, getting sugar in her, etc... the thing that works the best for us is *CLAP GIZMO!* *CLAP*. Check your PM for a link that might help you too :)

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
:sunny: Welcome Catherine, Bullee & Lola to EBN...am a newbie as well, this is
a great site w/wonderful, caring members. I'm very sorry to hear about
Bullee having some problems and will put him on my prayer list. Good luck!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. Hope you get the help you need and decide to stick around. Everyone here Im sure would love to see pix of your babies.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
:welcome3: You are in the right place now!! The pros will be coming soon, many of who have had experience with this. I have been forunate and not have had to struggle with this.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hiya: and :welcome: Hope we can see some pictures of your babies...Glad you joined and posted as you will get so much info and advice. [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] helped me so much when we went thorugh something similiar. She has lots of info and was a gosend to me.

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
I am new to being a bully mama so I cant help much but the pros will be here soon and they will have some advise. I have a Lola to I think thats a popular name! :smileywelcome:

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Welcome to EBN!
Head tremors can be caused by vitamin B deficiency too. What are you feeding him? If you're feeding him what the vets usually recommend for dogs with urate stones he will be deficit of lot of things. My Usko has had them stones operated once (no extra openings), eats raw food and has had no stones or crystals since.

:welcome3:

OP
BullyMomx2

BullyMomx2

Jul 31, 2012
South Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullee and Lola
I am new to being a bully mama so I cant help much but the pros will be here soon and they will have some advise. I have a Lola to I think thats a popular name! :smileywelcome:

I think Lola is a popular name too...love it!

attachment.php

OP
BullyMomx2

BullyMomx2

Jul 31, 2012
South Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullee and Lola
Welcome to EBN!
Head tremors can be caused by vitamin B deficiency too. What are you feeding him? If you're feeding him what the vets usually recommend for dogs with urate stones he will be deficit of lot of things. My Usko has had them stones operated once (no extra openings), eats raw food and has had no stones or crystals since.

:welcome3:

Could you please tell me what you are feeding Usko. The vet recommended Science Diet U/D dry and canned which he is on. What type of "raw" food are you feeding Usko? I tried cooking his food for almost a year but it did not work :( In the pic below he refuses to go on a diet or to eat carrots. Thanks for your help!

bullymomx2-albums-bulls-lola-picture24866t-bulls-carrot.jpg

LillyNBruin

Community Veteran
Mar 22, 2010
Central Mass
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruin & Lilly
:welcome: I have no knowledge about stones, but Bruin has had head tremors a couple times. I just gave him a treat and it stopped shortly after that. If it didn't, my next thing would have been the corn syrup as [MENTION=4706]RaRett[/MENTION] suggested.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Could you please tell me what you are feeding Usko. The vet recommended Science Diet U/D dry and canned which he is on. What type of "raw" food are you feeding Usko? I tried cooking his food for almost a year but it did not work :( In the pic below he refuses to go on a diet or to eat carrots. Thanks for your help!

bullymomx2-albums-bulls-lola-picture24866t-bulls-carrot.jpg

Usko eats different meaty parts of chicken, pork, lamb, turkey and some beef. Twice a day, one meaty meal and then following two with bone. Eggs(shell and all), green tripe and sometimes yoghurt. Absolutely no organs or any hearts. I try to feed him some veggies also, but he refuses usually. It is important to keep urine pH at around 7. To do that we give him 1 g of baking soda three times a day so all together 3 g per day. We mesure his urine pH level couple of times a month with an electrical meter. I also supplement with vitamin B, kelp, Slippery Elm and differend oils. It's important to stay away from the most purine rich foods, not protein. That Hills is just plain :poo: and it doesn't even keep the crystals/stones away.
You can also find very good information on a website called dogaware and from there Articles - Health topics - Stones - Other types.

I'm just glad if our experience can help. Our vet was very sceptical when I announced that I'm not going to feed what she recommended and you're probably going to experience the same if you deside to feed raw. But I can assure you that it works, Usko loves it, most of the time and he is in great condition and most importantly no stones, crystals or other troubles.

Sweet boy you got there:heart: and he doesn't need to eat carrots if he doesn't like them....

Last edited:

Most Reactions