New bulldog puppy

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Oh hello and welcome to ebn. Don't have puppy advice but you've gotten some already. Can't wait to see pics

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Congratulations and welcome to EBN! On potty training I'll add that when they start sniffing the floor they usually are looking for a potty spot so head for outside. Also, we get the largest size Nylabones for our puppies. They don't outgrow them, and you don't run the risk of a small size one being found (under couch, etc) when it could be a choking hazard. If you have to drive a ways to pick up your baby, don't stop at a roadside rest stop and use the dog area until your pup is fully immunized.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome3: now about the :pics:rule we have here. We are :tapfoot: Still Waiting!

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Congrats on the new puppy!! I think my biggest challenge in the EB world has been food. Definitely go with the excellent advice given and get a high quality food. You will avoid vet bills and sick puppy. Can't wait for pictures!!!

OP
M

Melissa B

Jul 26, 2012
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Mickey
Thanks for the advice everyone. Pics will be posted soon. We will be picking up our puppy in a couple days. Can't wait!

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Already some great advice given. Patience, schedule/routine, consistency, positive reinforcement, and keeping a cool head is the best advice that I can lend. Patience as it's a puppy, the schedule/routine have been crucial for us. We feed our puppy at the same times everyday and try to balance her peeing and pooping around that so that she knows what to do outside. Consistency can go in that category as well. Positive reinforcement is a must. Praise the heck out of the little ball of wrinkles when they do something correct. Lastly, and the most difficult for me, is keeping a cool head. Our Ellie Mae loves to explore outside and she often gets distracted when she goes to potty. It's very easy to get frustrated, but that's the puppy in them.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
How exciting! You will have to post some pics when you bring your baby home. Puppies are a challenge but full of love and give it willingly.

One piece of advice not yet mentioned is their tendency to BITE constantly as puppies. They are playing so it is really just nipping but bulldogs play rough and it will get really annoying. Just give a firm no and stop play every time and your baby will stop.

The BEST advice is to find a comfy chair for cuddling! They love their cuddle time and it is such a sweet bonding experience. Oh, and post pictures!

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
They have a article on here that is about welcoming your puppy home and it has a shopping list, I bought everything on it and so glad I did! I have already in the 4 days I have had lola had to use baby wipes a bunch, witch hazel on a bump she had, diaper rash cream for her bum, pumpkin and malacetic otic. That list is wonderful! And :welcome3:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.