We call her lady

Ladys

Jul 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
lady
Whilst working one day at the local mall I decided to stop into the pet store to see if they had any EB's and lo and behold they had one but he was extremely sickly looking and they wanted 4600 for him. So, being the "good" boyfriend I am I decided to get my girlfriend fired up and called her to tell her what I found. As soon as I said it was a bully she was willing to leave work early to come and see it. I felt bad for leading her on, so when I got out of work I decided to give the local pet shop a call to see if they had gotten any EB's in. The guy at the store said yes we have one and to stop in to check her out.

As soon as we got to the store it was love at first sight. Even though she was a bit out of our budget, I couldn't let my girlfriend go through the heartache again. So we left the store with our new puppy Lady, with a ton of stuff the pet store through in. Thankfully when we arrived home with her I fired up the pc and started to look up info about this breed, and was directed to this wonderful website.

In the beginning she was having really soft stinky stool and couldn't figure out what was going on. When we got her the pet store gave us this veterinarian holistics. From reading about food on this site I decided to switch her food to Fromm puppy, but sadly her stool was still runny and stinky. I went to another pet store and luckily they had a lot of high end dog chow. The owner recommended nutrisource grain free lamb and she's been great ever since.

Doing my daily research about lady's breed I came to the conclusion that the nutrisource isn't the best food out there (since I only want the best for my girl :heart:). So today she finished up her nutrisource and I went to the store and picked up fromm beef frittata and surf and turf grain free. Hopefully she does well with it and I won't have too much to worry about vet bills :pray:

Here are a few pictures of her
IMG_0033.jpg

IMG_0037.jpg

IMG_0036.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
Great looking girl! We have a "Lady" as well.....Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth. We just call her Ellie Mae.:yes:

:welcome: to the boards!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
She's so precious! Great story and Lucky pup! So glad you joined us and looking or ward o watching that sweet girl grow up! Did you see under Goups..there's a grop just or you lucky puppy owners! :up:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Well she is beautiful!!!! Sound like a great boyfriend to me! One thing tho... YOu said she finished her other food and will be on the fromm next. You need to slowly transition them or you wil have a runny :poo: mess. :lol: If you are out of the food you can do a bland diet to start your mix of the new food tho. Make sure you take your time and do a good 10 days or so of slow mix. !st day maybe 1/4 new food to 3/4 old or bland diet, then after a couple days move up to half and half, then a couple more to 3/4 to 1/4 etc. Her tummy will thank you and they tend to be overly appreciative of that bland diet as well. :lol: Welcome!!!!!!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Well she is beautiful!!!! Sound like a great boyfriend to me! One thing tho... YOu said she finished her other food and will be on the fromm next. You need to slowly transition them or you wil have a runny :poo: mess. :lol: If you are out of the food you can do a bland diet to start your mix of the new food tho. Make sure you take your time and do a good 10 days or so of slow mix. !st day maybe 1/4 new food to 3/4 old or bland diet, then after a couple days move up to half and half, then a couple more to 3/4 to 1/4 etc. Her tummy will thank you and they tend to be overly appreciative of that bland diet as well. :lol: Welcome!!!!!!!!

What she said about changing foods.. Its very important to switch them slowly. Anyway,,, :welcome: to EBN!

Last edited:

Trod1

Jul 2, 2012
Michigan
Bulldog(s) Names
Olive, Oscar
She is a lucky pup to be brought into your home. you sound like you are very devoted to your beautiful new bully. It's very good that you researched and found a good food for her. You will soon want to get her in for a good vet check-up too. Just I case you need help finding a good vet that is familiar with this breed, you can look up vets in this forum and there is a list that you can refer to if you haven't already found one. Welcome to EBN. It's a wealth of information and lots of great people who want to help. lOVE your pics

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Lady reminds me of dear sweet fragile flower Bertha!! Welcome to EBN

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I am so glad you found us ... because we get to see Lady growing up!!!

I can not stress enough what everybody else has put about the slow transition every time you change food. Before I found EBN I would switch Maggie from one food to the next depending on whatever I liked the look of in the store. I knew NOTHING about bulldogs!!! To my horror I discovered I was feeding her crap, and after reading about the slow transition I look back and think of all those vet bills we had taking Maggie to the vets with diahorrea and getting meds for it. When in fact I was inflicting it on her!! :ashamed:

We totally love Fromm ... paticularly the Beef Frittata because it is grain free AND the only flavour that is also chicken free. For some reason chicken gives Daddy and Linus the most awful farts ..... :fart:

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Look at that beautiful face! Welcome to EBN. This is THE site to visit when you need bully help. Lady is a beautiful girl and I hope to see more of her! *hint hint*

OP
Ladys

Ladys

Jul 25, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
lady
Thanks for the kind words and helpful insight on food switching. Like you guys had said as soon as we walked her yesterday it was a runny mess. I didn't know about that bland diet, so I'm reading about it now and hopefully the transition works out well.

Now I bought beef frittata and surf and turf, is it alright to switch between the two freely or do I have to do the slow transition?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
You need to do a slow transition to get her one one of them. My preference would be the beef frittata first. The reason I say that first is that surf and turf has a bit of chicken in it which a lot of bullys are allergic to. Our bully, HRH, started on the surf and turf but did better on the feef frittata. Start there and try the surf and turf later. That way if you have a problem with the surf and turf you can readily switch back without transition. As long as you stay within the same family of Fromm foods you can freely switch back and forth without transitioning.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.