Hello, new member need advice

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:welcome: and :bravo: to you and your wife for giving this sweet handsome boy a second chance. Its a great thing you did to help him and he will repay you everyday he is with you :heart: Good Luck with everything as you have gotten great advice.

OP
S

Sooner

Jul 22, 2012
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Well he's made it. His name is Mack and he arrived yesterday afternoon around 3. So far he's adjusting ok he did good with a bath and gobbled up his first serving of the bland diet. Hard to believe he was a stray his temperament is unbelievable very loving. Put him in his crate last night around 12 without a struggle he went right in no whine no bark. Snored and farted his way through till this morning my wife and I slept in our living room with him. Walks well on a leash. He's had an accident a pee in the house I figure I'm in for a few. He hasn't pooped yet. Here's a question how long can I walk him or keep him outside without exhausting him. I walked him for about 30 mins this am didn't go and when got back in house went pee. Will get a few more pics

OP
S

Sooner

Jul 22, 2012
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
59210838d90b11e1b74a22000a1e8b9e_5.jpg4335e456d90311e19894123138140d8c_5.jpg

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh yay! Love that he is already styling in so well. As far s how long to be out, depends on the heat and him. If it is early and nice and cool he should be fine out for a while. Now by out do you mean backyard or walking? If walking him you just have to go by his actions. When he is tired, he is tired. Mine potty in the backyard and to get them understanding i always give a cookie as they know it when they are done. Taught them well since they love snacks. Usually their cookie is some carrots, nothing to crazy. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

OP
S

Sooner

Jul 22, 2012
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Have a small yard for him and took him round a few blocks in our village. Tried another go at being outside for a bit but he fought and when I got him out he sat in front of the door. He came back in hit the floor and passed out. Second day in a new place with food water and a place to lay your head I'd probably nap and take it all in myself. Time for easy street for him for a change.

GatorRay

I am in total control....I think
Feb 25, 2011
Louisville, KY
Bulldog(s) Names
Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
Oh, I am soooo excited for you! How wonderful for both of you. Ge is just gorgeous. I love his expressive eyes and cute spotty ears. Seems you are doing all the right things with him. About the heat, follow his lead for the most part but most bullies love sunbathing and don't know that too much can hurt. I limit mine to 5 to 10 minutes at a time in the heat of the summer and longer in the cool morning or in cooler weather.

Again, congratulations to both of you! What a wonderful adventure!

A

Alaskasmom1

Thank you for rescuing this poor thing. I have done this before and I swear that dog knew he was saved from a horrible existence, and was so appreciative. Sounds crazy but true. I had him from the age of approx. 7 until 11 and he became paralyzed in his rear end from arthritis and old injuries. We put him in a doggy wheelchair and he made it for one more year. Thanks again for doing this sweet gesture for this dog.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.