Hello, new member need advice

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Yes he looks pretty good, just sad. What a long trip for that little man to take. Going to be a long week I am afraid, waiting. The bland diet idea is a great one, def would do that. I too would suggest the fromm grain free and you can switch between the flavors without any tummy problems until you find what works best for him. The beef seemed to give tear stains to Cutty but other than that was great. They have I think 5 flavors now to choose from now so many possibilities there.

OP
S

Sooner

Jul 22, 2012
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Thanks for the bland diet link and idea, I will give that a shot. I have read about the fromms foods and a local feed store gave me a few sample bags hopefully he'll like it.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Thanks for the bland diet link and idea, I will give that a shot. I have read about the fromms foods and a local feed store gave me a few sample bags hopefully he'll like it.

:up: check the protein (meat source) in your Fromm..I'd seriously stah away from chicken..seems that's a common problem with a lot of bully's! The surf n turf has chicken in it..

LoveMyBully82

Aug 30, 2011
Houston, Texas, United States
Thank you for rescuing this guy! I saw someone post about him on Facebook so I'm glad to see that he wasn't euthanized. My baby is from a rescue organization, but he did not come straight off the street when I got him.

You will have him looking good, happy, and fattened up in no time!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Don't have much too add as you've been given great advice already from the group. But wanted to :welcome: you to the site. And thank you for rescuing! Bully's are like no other! :)

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Welcome! How exciting! I know your life will be forever changed and so will his! I have read wonderful things on this site about Fromm so I would say thats the best food and seems not to upset the tummy much. Oh and we need more pics!

LucyLou

Jul 19, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I thought I posted a response to this but I don't see it here. I just wanted to say good for you for taking on this sweet boy. So glad to hear he's getting a second chance. We just took on an OEB rescue a week and a half ago and we've loved every minute of it. She came full of mites and it will be a long expensive road to recovery but she's already made up for it in kisses and love. Every dog I've taken on has been a rescue and they always end up being the most loving devoted dogs. This is my first bulldog so I don't have a lot of advice on the breed but in regards to a rescue just take it slow with him.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well im late as usual and it seems you have got it all settled but im around if you have any food problems. fromm is a good place to start after the bland diet. slowly introduce it over a period of like a week or 10 days to give his tummy time to adjust. oh he look in good shape cept for being sad but who wouldnt. :welcome:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
I just want to say Thank You for rescuing him,,,and :welcome: to EBN.. Glad you came here looking for help. This is the most thorough bully site on the internet and is packed with helpful info as well as experienced bully people.
Two things I noticed: 1. He doesn't look as old as the kennel told you he was and 2. HE HAS SPOTTE EARS!!! I LOVE spotted ears!!! :luv: Thanx for joining. :)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=5489]Sooner[/MENTION] .. all the advice you have been given is great!!! All I can add is to find out exactly what the humane society has covered in their vet check.

As a stray there is a good chance that he had fleas, which gives him a stronger chance of tapeworm. So I would definitely get him tested for parasites. Also, as a stray and then been put in a kennel it increases the chances of him having giardia. Please make sure he is tested for that too. And heartworm of course!!!

Sorry if this comes across as a downer, but being involved in rescue this is the first thing we do when we get a new bully in.

Sooooo .... here's the best part. Somehow it is as if a rescue knows that you have given them their second choice and they return that love over and over and over again.

Thank you for being one of the wonderful people who rescue, and I am almost as excited as you are about his arrival. Is there a date, and time yet???? :jumpdance:

OP
S

Sooner

Jul 22, 2012
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
@(kazzy220) thanks for advice about the vet. Hopefully my local humane society will have some idea as to what they did for him as the vetting took place in either Alabama or Georgia not sure. My wife and I realize we are in for an adventure but are looking forward to the challenge and are committed for the long haul. We want him healthy, happy and safe. Horrible that he could have been put down because no one wanted him. Have talked to some other pet owners doing research on local vets and will get him an appt as soon as he gets here. The only bad part now is the wait, been a week since we said yes to him and still waiting for a definite date and hopefully a name he has been responding to. Feels like I check my email ever minute.

OP
S

Sooner

Jul 22, 2012
New York
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Looks like a fail at the mention back to the tutorial, maybe no parenthesis

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Looks like a fail at the mention back to the tutorial, maybe no parenthesis

That's ok .... I saw the post. Nothing gets past me!! I'm a ninja ya know .... [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] ..... :ROFL:

Most Reactions