Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello, new member need advice

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello, new member need advice

I just want to say Thank You for rescuing him,,,and to EBN.. Glad you came here looking for help. This is the most thorough bully site on the internet and is packed with helpful info as well as experienced bully people.
    Two things I noticed: 1. He doesn't look as old as the kennel told you he was and 2. HE HAS SPOTTE EARS!!! I LOVE spotted ears!!! Thanx for joining.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@Sooner .. all the advice you have been given is great!!! All I can add is to find out exactly what the humane society has covered in their vet check.

As a stray there is a good chance that he had fleas, which gives him a stronger chance of tapeworm. So I would definitely get him tested for parasites. Also, as a stray and then been put in a kennel it increases the chances of him having giardia. Please make sure he is tested for that too. And heartworm of course!!!

Sorry if this comes across as a downer, but being involved in rescue this is the first thing we do when we get a new bully in.

Sooooo .... here's the best part. Somehow it is as if a rescue knows that you have given them their second choice and they return that love over and over and over again.

Thank you for being one of the wonderful people who rescue, and I am almost as excited as you are about his arrival. Is there a date, and time yet????

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

@(kazzy220) thanks for advice about the vet. Hopefully my local humane society will have some idea as to what they did for him as the vetting took place in either Alabama or Georgia not sure. My wife and I realize we are in for an adventure but are looking forward to the challenge and are committed for the long haul. We want him healthy, happy and safe. Horrible that he could have been put down because no one wanted him. Have talked to some other pet owners doing research on local vets and will get him an appt as soon as he gets here. The only bad part now is the wait, been a week since we said yes to him and still waiting for a definite date and hopefully a name he has been responding to. Feels like I check my email ever minute.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Looks like a fail at the mention back to the tutorial, maybe no parenthesis

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner View Post

Yes..no parentheses. @kazzy220.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
    That's ok .... I saw the post. Nothing gets past me!! I'm a ninja ya know .... @JAKEISGREAT .....

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

and to you and your wife for giving this sweet handsome boy a second chance. Its a great thing you did to help him and he will repay you everyday he is with you Good Luck with everything as you have gotten great advice.
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Well he's made it. His name is Mack and he arrived yesterday afternoon around 3. So far he's adjusting ok he did good with a bath and gobbled up his first serving of the bland diet. Hard to believe he was a stray his temperament is unbelievable very loving. Put him in his crate last night around 12 without a struggle he went right in no whine no bark. Snored and farted his way through till this morning my wife and I slept in our living room with him. Walks well on a leash. He's had an accident a pee in the house I figure I'm in for a few. He hasn't pooped yet. Here's a question how long can I walk him or keep him outside without exhausting him. I walked him for about 30 mins this am didn't go and when got back in house went pee. Will get a few more pics

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Name:  59210838d90b11e1b74a22000a1e8b9e_5.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  18.0 KBName:  4335e456d90311e19894123138140d8c_5.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  16.5 KB

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Oh yay! Love that he is already styling in so well. As far s how long to be out, depends on the heat and him. If it is early and nice and cool he should be fine out for a while. Now by out do you mean backyard or walking? If walking him you just have to go by his actions. When he is tired, he is tired. Mine potty in the backyard and to get them understanding i always give a cookie as they know it when they are done. Taught them well since they love snacks. Usually their cookie is some carrots, nothing to crazy. Lol

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Have a small yard for him and took him round a few blocks in our village. Tried another go at being outside for a bit but he fought and when I got him out he sat in front of the door. He came back in hit the floor and passed out. Second day in a new place with food water and a place to lay your head I'd probably nap and take it all in myself. Time for easy street for him for a change.

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Oh, I am soooo excited for you! How wonderful for both of you. Ge is just gorgeous. I love his expressive eyes and cute spotty ears. Seems you are doing all the right things with him. About the heat, follow his lead for the most part but most bullies love sunbathing and don't know that too much can hurt. I limit mine to 5 to 10 minutes at a time in the heat of the summer and longer in the cool morning or in cooler weather.

Again, congratulations to both of you! What a wonderful adventure!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads