Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hello, new member need advice

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Oh my he has such sad eyes. can't wait for him to be at home with you and get that spark back. Little does he know his life is just about to change for the best. When do you pick him up? I am anxious.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello, new member need advice

Here's a few more pics and hoping he will arrive by end of this week. He was being vetted and neutered in the south and then the trip from alabama to his new home in new york begins.

-securedownload1-jpg-securedownload2-jpg

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
    Here's a few more pics and hoping he will arrive by end of this week. He was being vetted and neutered in the south and then the trip from alabama to his new home in new york begins.

-securedownload1-jpg-securedownload2-jpg

He looks great considering what he's been through. If I were you I'd prepare now for what you will feed him. I doubt transitioning slowly will be an option so I might give him the bland diet for a few days...while his system settles. Maybe a week. Then you can start adding his new food to the bland diet over another weeks time. I would look for a good grain free with no chicken to begin. Fromm Beef Fritatta would be a great choice..but there are many to choose from. We have a Dog Food Ratings article here that should help you greatly. I'll tag @cowsmom for her ideas too..also..it's very hard to tell..but his feet look a bit rusty ..maybe yeast..to me. That certainly wouldn't surprise me considering all he's been through. Seeing him with that slip leash on..saddens me. I'm so happy you saved him and just know..we will all help in any way we can! One more thing...get him a harness..it's not good for them to have a collar on using a leash.

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Yes he looks pretty good, just sad. What a long trip for that little man to take. Going to be a long week I am afraid, waiting. The bland diet idea is a great one, def would do that. I too would suggest the fromm grain free and you can switch between the flavors without any tummy problems until you find what works best for him. The beef seemed to give tear stains to Cutty but other than that was great. They have I think 5 flavors now to choose from now so many possibilities there.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Thanks for the bland diet link and idea, I will give that a shot. I have read about the fromms foods and a local feed store gave me a few sample bags hopefully he'll like it.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Sooner View Post
    Thanks for the bland diet link and idea, I will give that a shot. I have read about the fromms foods and a local feed store gave me a few sample bags hopefully he'll like it.

check the protein (meat source) in your Fromm..I'd seriously stah away from chicken..seems that's a common problem with a lot of bully's! The surf n turf has chicken in it..

Likes (Received)

Thank you for rescuing this guy! I saw someone post about him on Facebook so I'm glad to see that he wasn't euthanized. My baby is from a rescue organization, but he did not come straight off the street when I got him.

You will have him looking good, happy, and fattened up in no time!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Don't have much too add as you've been given great advice already from the group. But wanted to you to the site. And thank you for rescuing! Bully's are like no other!
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Bully lovin' movie buff Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jenni
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lola and Lucy
    Likes (Received)

Welcome! How exciting! I know your life will be forever changed and so will his! I have read wonderful things on this site about Fromm so I would say thats the best food and seems not to upset the tummy much. Oh and we need more pics!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Lucy
    Likes (Received)

I thought I posted a response to this but I don't see it here. I just wanted to say good for you for taking on this sweet boy. So glad to hear he's getting a second chance. We just took on an OEB rescue a week and a half ago and we've loved every minute of it. She came full of mites and it will be a long expensive road to recovery but she's already made up for it in kisses and love. Every dog I've taken on has been a rescue and they always end up being the most loving devoted dogs. This is my first bulldog so I don't have a lot of advice on the breed but in regards to a rescue just take it slow with him.

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

well im late as usual and it seems you have got it all settled but im around if you have any food problems. fromm is a good place to start after the bland diet. slowly introduce it over a period of like a week or 10 days to give his tummy time to adjust. oh he look in good shape cept for being sad but who wouldnt.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Mack
    Likes (Received)

Thanks to all again for the continued advice and kind words.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads