Emma 3 year old bully

Hope bender

Jul 22, 2012
Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
emma
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum. My name is hope. I found myself looking for a connection to fellow bulldog owners because I lost my bulldog, Emma, 36 hours ago and I am struggling to come to grips with never seeing her again! Emma was the sweetest, kindest, caring dog! She loved her family & we loved her more than words can say! While we were on a 5 day vacation we receved news from our sitter that Emma had become very sick. Our sitter brought her to the vet this past Thursday and by Friday (we were coming home from vacation) we were told her kidneys were failing and there was nothing that could save her! It was the longest trip home....when we opened the door to our back yard there was Emma:) we are fortunate that our vet is also our neighbor and he brought her home to spend her final hours with us. I laid with her for an hour and it was clear that she was dying! I didn't want her to suffer so I agreed that it was best for her to go to heaven peacefully. As I laid there with her I told her how much I loved her, the family loved her and that I would see her again someday.... I am now left wondering why this happened:( i am completely lost and I miss her so very much!! Joining this forum seemed like a way to reconnect to her! She was truly my best friend.... Thanks for allowing me to share my story! Hope

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Oh Hope... I want to reach out to you and hug you. Im so sorry to hear about Emma ( I have tears running down my cheeks) I'm glad you came here for help. Everyone here loves bullies and Im sure you have many here to lean on. Feel free to share your feelings anytime.

Bruce

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:cry: so sorry for your loss Hope. It is always so difficult to lose those we love. But especially difficult when it comes much too young and suddenly.

There are members here who have experienced this loss just as you have and I'm sure will have words of comfort and can give you advice on how to cope with your loss.

I can only suggest you try to focus on memories of the good times you shared.

L

Lucy-licious

I am so very for your loss Hope, as [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] said we have many members who have lost their bullys also and will be able to offer some words of comfort to you at what only can be a devastating time.

Goodnight and God Bless sweet Emma xx

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I am so sorry for your loss of Emma, my heart goes out to you.

OP
H

Hope bender

Jul 22, 2012
Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
emma
Thank you all so much for your kind words. I was feeling so alone! Emma was my first bulldog. I am sure you can all relate to the love you feel for their adorable faces initially but then as you get to know them the way they just "get you" with their personalities. I could see it in her eyes everyday that she truly loved me & my family. I can only hope & pray that she knew how much she was loved. I am feeling especially sad because we weren't here for her when she became sick. I think guilt is getting the best of me at this point. It came on so suddenly it's like losing someone in an accident where you can't prepare yourself for the loss. I also don't have answers as to why this happened and what caused it. I was thinking about going back to my vet to question what and how this could have happened in 5-6 days. I just want to make sure it doesn't happen again. I am thinking about getting another bully. Is it too soon? Advice is welcome... Once I can figure out how to add a picture I will post one to share:)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Hope...I'm so sorry for the loss of your Sweet Emma. Having been where you are too many times in my life, I understand your pain. Honestly words won't lessen that pain...but hold onto the knowledge that Emma is always going to be a part of your heart. I always look upon this loss as losing a piece of my heart..but taking a piece of hers. And we all know what great hearts our Bully's have. We learn many things from these amazing Bully's..and sadly this is one of the biggest lessons they teach us. Love doesn't end when they leave..it just moves into a much deeper place. Emma is at the Bridge. She's not alone..sadly many of our Bully's are welcoming her..a sweet Rottie I know..a few cats..and many more. Someday your tears will be replaced by a flicker of a smile when you remember her..and her life with you. Your name says it all to me...Hope...you loved her and she knew that. We should all be so fortunate. :hug:

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh I am so saddened to read this. What an awful thing to go thru and I understand that the guilt is there BUT she knew she was loved. Our babies are smart as heck and believe me they DO appreciate the love we give them everyday. I am sorry you werent there when she got sick but am very thankful you made it home in time to be there with her in the end. Her seeing you at that point was probably more than enough to be at peace. Hugs to you and know you are NOT alone. This family has seen many losses lately and many are still going thru what you are at this point. Please share stories and pics etc when you feel like you can. Would love to meet her. As for getting another baby.... Nobody can say what is too soon but you. If you feel like you can love again then do it. Many many need rescuing and that does take a bit of time so going that route may give you some time to heal while you start the process. We have had a few members adopt soon after their loss and I think it has helped them in recovering some although we know it can never replace the love you had for your Emma. Take your time and do what you need to.

OP
H

Hope bender

Jul 22, 2012
Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
emma
My Emma! In my Heart Forever!

IMG_2164.jpg

OP
H

Hope bender

Jul 22, 2012
Pennsylvania
Bulldog(s) Names
emma
Hi Everyone! Again i thank you all so much for your support and kind words. I am so glad that Emma lead me to this site! Here are a few pictures of my beautiful girl! now, you can all see how loveable she was! thanks- HOPE
Picture 431.jpgXmas 001.jpgXmas 155.jpg

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Oh, Hope I'm sorry for your loss of your Emma. There are some here including myself that know the grief of losing such a cherished member of the family. Words fail to express it. Those who have suffered a loss like this have that connection that is universal but painful. We cry with you because we know what it is to love our bulldogs that are like no other. There is a void in your heart so deep and it's difficult to breathe. I'm glad you were able to spend her last moments telling her you loved her. I know that is exactly what she wanted. Not to be alone but surrounded by the love she found comforting. It's hard to say why our bully babies leave us so early but I know it happens and even though there is no way to prepare for such a tragedy I have to accept that death is also part of life and we don't always get to choose when. The whys can be many and the frustration of not having answers burdens the mind that is already struggling to digest the grief. Just know that you are not alone. I am overcome with grief for your loss and the loss of others here and I shed tears not for the bullies at rainbow bridge ( for they are free of pain and suffering ) but the loved ones left behind that are missing them. It will take time but it will come when you can look back on all the wonderful memories she gave you. Just remember we will meet our bully babies again when it's our time.

Dalia55

Jan 31, 2012
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Lasagna Lopez, Maximus Meatball Meridius
Hope I am sorry for your loss, I also lost my first Bully Lola, I can relate to how you feel especially with the details I also lost Lola suddenly & while I was on Vacation. It is always hard to understand why. But luckily I had this forum which helped me cope with it. I hope we can do the same for you. If you are considering a new Bully only you know the right answer. I got Max very shortly after Lola passed & I do not regret it at all. Bullys are always ready to love!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Welcome even though it's with this sad note. I'm so sorry for your loss, Emma truly looks like one of a kind sweetheart. You'll always have her in your heart.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven

Hope, my deepest condolences on the loss of beautiful Emma. You are right, her
eyes are so expressive and say it all...she was loved!

I, for one, do not think it is too soon to look for and find a new Bully...never to
take Emma's place but to offer that total love and comfort that only Bullies can.

Please do not suffer guilt, your Emma had a wonderful home and so well loved
each day of her life with you...how very blessed you were able to see her and
say 'Goodbye'.

Welcome to EBN, Hope, this is a great place with wonderful & caring friends!
Texas Carol & Mr Brutie

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.