Hello from CA! Hope to find my bully this year...

pinkerbell81

Jul 20, 2012
Rocklin, CA (Norcal)
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho
Hello, I'm so happy I stumbled across this site! There is so much information its great :2thumbs:

I've been looking for a new bully for the past month in my area (Rocklin CA, near Sacramento). My husband and I have been doing are research but its been hard for us to determine if one is a good breeder or scammer in disguise. We found a website that seemed perfect with a 1-year health guarantee but after reading a few things here, it seems like they are a broker and might not be all that they appear.

How did you find your breeder? Does anyone have any tips for us on what to look for in a breeder? Please feel free to inbox me if you have any specific details :D

Thanks in advance! I'm excited to poke around the site...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Hello there! Welcome!

We have an article called Puppy Buying Tips that will help you on your search. keep us posted!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: we've met already! I'm on California too but Southern..be careful of buying over the Internet..we've heard some horror stories! A great place o start is with Bulldog Clubs Of America. They might be able to help you locate a breeder. Read the articles here and give this a couple days to see if anyone here has a name for you. I do know a couple in Southern Calif..if you want to drive! PM me if you need more info!

OP
pinkerbell81

pinkerbell81

Jul 20, 2012
Rocklin, CA (Norcal)
Bulldog(s) Names
Chancho
Although I'm new, everyone I've come into contact with has been so nice and helpful. I can't thank you enough! I'm excited to continue my search and get to the point where I can update everyone on our new addition :)

Ps sorry for the repeat comments. I'll get used to this site soon enough :p

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: don't worry about the quotes and such. We quote and mention here all the time to call someone back to read a thread. And once you get your puppy never think your overloading us with pics. That's impossible!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. If you get a notification that you have a private message it is because direct linking is not allowed, so , if someone is going to recommend their breeder or a breeder they are familiar with in your area it will be my pm and not posted in this thread. Anyway, Im glad you are here and hope you will stick around. There is lots to do, see, and learn on EBN and we are glad you joined :)

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome to EBN. Love your user name!!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Welcome and hope you find your baby soon! Hope you stay around while searching and then post lots of pics :2thumbs:

PeterPanAndWendy

Jul 27, 2011
Lindsey, Ohio, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pan Cake
When we were first looking for a bully, we started by looking on the web (unfortunately I didn't have the luck of finding this site first.)

We found an ad for a really cute bully, so we replied, and they told us it had sold. A few days later we got an email from them again, telling us that they guy that bought him was a missionary and had gone to Africa, and the pup wasn't doing well over there, so if we wired them money they would send us the pup.

I replied with a shame on you message and reported them as being a scam.

We ended up finding a breeder a few hours away from our house, so we went to visit, saw both parents, and ended up having a great experience.

You have to be careful, EBs are sometimes abused by money hungry puppy mills, and the parents aren't well cared for, because the pups cost so much. Its a really sad fact.

I'm glad you found this sight so soon. You are definitely in the right place to find information and get valuable advise. And remember, once you find your baby you have to share pics!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.