Hello from a soon to be bully mom...hopefully! ;-)

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
Hi!

I stumbled upon this forum and it looks like it will be an invaluable resource of information! I will hopefully be getting a puppy in the next few months. My sister in law is expecting the end of August /early September. Hers is a trindle (tri with brindled brown) and was bred to a blue(champagne). I am so excited to see the puppies! I got to be there when she was surgically inseminated. I posted in the breeding folder but no response (of value) yet.

I am especially interested in coat color genetics, specially the dilute colors. I see there are a few that have dilute/chocolates! Anyway nice to meet you all! I'm sure I will be posting pictures as I get them

Trace

Last edited:

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Welcome Trace. Glad you found us. I'm sure you'll get some responses (of value) soon enough. Sometimes takes a couple days for the right people to find you. Good Luck on your pup!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Welcome Trace. Wow I'm curious about that too! Sure that will be secondary once you have your new baby bully and he/she gets named. Then it'll be about food, teething and behavior just like the rest of us. Please post pics of the pups so we can see how cool and cute they are and of course the "chosen one." This is the best place to be and read as much as you can cuz you're going to need all that info which is not just in books. We pool our experiences here and it is an invaluable source for many of us. So stick around cause September will be here before you know it!

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I do have a choco bully. Is her trindle black trindle or what? Are they breeding with a blue fawn? If you answer these questions I can help u a little with genetics. I am not an expert by any means but have done a bit of research.. A chocolate is not a dilution it is lack of black.. They are missing black pigment. Blue is a dilution of black so depending what you are breeding what you will come up with. If you mix a black trindle with a blue fawn you will end up with all blacks and no blues unless the black trindle is a blue carrier..

OP
Wrangler

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
Hers is a black tri but the brown markings are brindled. She is bred to a genetically blue stud. The breeder was calling him a champagne, not sure if that's the same as fawn. I believe she will just have tri's for puppies, but they should all carry the blue gene....at least that is what I'm told.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: I know nothing about all the genetics stuff. Just wanted to say hi and hope you'll share lots of pics when the pups are born.

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
Hers is a black tri but the brown markings are brindled. She is bred to a genetically blue stud. The breeder was calling him a champagne, not sure if that's the same as fawn. I believe she will just have tri's for puppies, but they should all carry the blue gene....at least that is what I'm told.
yes, that would be correct, they would all be black tri/black trindle pups and all should carry the blue gene.. Do you intend to breed or neuter your pup? please consider the amount of puppies there are in the world before you decide to breed. welcome to the forum!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I'm a little late .... but :welcome:

OP
Wrangler

Wrangler

Jul 17, 2012
O H I O
Bulldog(s) Names
Linus
Thank you! I'm about a week out from meeting my new puppy. They should be born next weekend! I'm sooo excited!! ;-)

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
:jumpdance: like this? or like this? :happy2: or maybe this ? :scared:

jk :ROFL:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.