Lola from Europe

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Ljubljana & Portorož, both in Slovenia, in the mid
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Hello everyone!

I'm a European, mostly on American biorhythm due to my job (it's 6AM here right now :) ). When I googled for various things for my new English Bulldog named Lola (now 7 months old) I stumbled across this site a couple of times and I thought it would be a fantastic site/forum for me to use regularly since a dog becomes a huge part of your life for hopefully a whole decade. My love for bullies doesn't hurt, either, and the fact that there's so many fantastic bullies on here. :)

But since I'm probably of little interest to you, let me introduce the star - Lola. She was born in December and is now 7 months old. She's surprisingly energetic (for a Bulldog, haha, but still quite lazy overall) and very curious of everything new. She loves goofing around and currently weighs around 40lbs. But even though she's a curious little creature, she gets scared easily, but is working on overcoming her fears.

She's also a real beauty and everyone falls in love with her instantly, but let the pictures speak for themselves:
LOLA forum 2.jpgLOLA forum 1.jpg

Let that be all for now.

Good day/night to all the amazing bullies on here and their owners,
Lola & her wrapped around her finger puppet

OP
LolasPuppet

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
P.s.: I also made her a Twitter account, for diary-like goofing around purposes (ok and me killing time while working at strange hours like now, haha), where you can find more photos. But I'm not sure how much I'm going to be using it. I want to keep her low-key for now, not many people know about her, since I don't want too many distractions until she gets "acclimated" (= less scary of things). :)

Anyways: http://twitter.com/LolaTBB

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

:smileywelcome: how cool that you decided to join us. Lola is a little sweety. Good luck waiting for her to get less scared, I think the majority of our babies are scared of something. Lucy for instance doesn't like anything "strange" like a carrier bag being put on e kitchen countertops, she's scared of the big bad mop and the hosepipe too :eek:
She is 2 now and no better than she was as a puppy.....but we love her for it and she stops shouting at things when we move them for her :LOL:

Last edited by a moderator:

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Lola is gorgeous, such a sweet face! I'm new here and a new bully owner
of Brutie, a rehomed 3 yr old. I read that English Bullies do not like change
and will sometimes bark disapprovingly if coming into a room in which a new
piece has been added! Brutie is laid back but started guarding my home
right away, a fact that endeared him to me even more and he also doesn't
seem to like change. If he's sleeping and I'm behind him and startle him out
of deep sleep, he's come out of it, growling, but as soon as I called his name,
immediately stopped. It remains to be seen if it's a 'thing' with him, only had
him a month. Texas Carol

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: nice to have you and Lola!

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Welcome! Lola is adorable and sounds just like Rook... a goofy, curious, scaredy-cat. How could you not fall in love instantly?!?

I see from your flag you are from Slovenia! Both my great-grandparents came to the US from Slovenia. My grandma taught us how to say a few Slovene words, but when my mom went to visit a few years ago we found out we were completely mispronouncing everything, lol. Slovenia on the top of my list of places to visit! :)

OP
LolasPuppet

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Thanks for warm welcome, everyone!:meeting:

Yeah, she's not that much different from most bullies regarding new things.
It's funny how she's so very curious of everything new, but scared at the same time. The other day she saw the neighbour dog over the fence for the first time, went quickly to him through the bushes, then when he turned around, she RAN back to the house as if Olympics already started and she's competing against Usain Bolt. :)
Welcome to EBN (Everbody's Basically Nuts)!!! After reading your post I can tell that you'll fit right in.:2thumbs:
I could tell that also by browsing through the forum.:loco:
I see from your flag you are from Slovenia! Both my great-grandparents came to the US from Slovenia. My grandma taught us how to say a few Slovene words, but when my mom went to visit a few years ago we found out we were completely mispronouncing everything, lol. Slovenia on the top of my list of places to visit! :)
Pozdravljena! :) There's also a large number of different dialects here, quite shocking for such a small country, so maybe she wasn't completely mispronouncing everything after-all. ;)

You def. should visit, it's such a fairy-tale like country, especially fantastic for families (and also dogs, of course) since everything is pretty much totally green. Maybe not so great for night lifestyle (not bad, but def. not great), but can't have everything. ;)

But the fact that there's only 1 and a half hour drive from here:
prva-stran.jpg

... to here:
pic_portoroz01_full.jpg

... is amazing. I'm so glad I can work via internet and keep my *** here. :)

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Welcome! My husband was army and was stationed in Italy, while he was there he traveled a lot and he said Slovenia was his favorite place to visit! Anyway welcome! I love the name Lola but it might be because I have a Lola too, im picking her up the 25th!

OP
LolasPuppet

LolasPuppet

A bad BOY, not a girl!
Jun 18, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
I imagine you can hardly wait!
First I had different names in mind, but when I was figuring out various names for her with family and friends, everyone thought Lola is PERFECT for her. :)

Some US military bases in Italy are actually very close to our border.
Slovenia really is a hidden gem, a well kept secret right in the middle of Europe. :) But enough about it. I say no more until my local tourism agency starts paying me for advertising. ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to the site and the wonderful world of Bulldogs! We are obsessed and wacky however VERY informative and supportive.

Jump right in and have some fun.

Lola is a beauty!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and Lola is a beauty.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome!! Bertha Bacon is afraid of being thin so she eats all the time!! Lola is a beaut!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.