Introducing myself and Charlotte..

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
Hey Guys,
My name is Taylor and I live in Pittsburgh. I'm new on this forum. I was a foster parent at the Humane Society and I was fostering an English Bulldog who was found on the street. I couldn't believe no one claimed her, but I obviously fell in love and officially adopted her quickly. Since then I've been trying to learn as much as possible about bulldog care, maintenance, and nutrition.

I've got her on Wellness food at the moment, but shes got a bit of gas so I'm going to switch her over to Earthborn (which seems a popular choice on here).

We've been working on basic obedience training, but any tips are welcome! We've got sit, down, shake, and stay pretty well!

Here is a photo of Charlotte on Adoption Day (6/26) after she finished her doggie cake...
484636_3335682479094_59638144_n.jpg

thesspa

I live with 2 porkers!
Apr 10, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Bacon
Welcome!!!! And impressed you've got shake down.... Haven't figured that one out yet, just drool Lol

OP
Taylor

Taylor

Jul 10, 2012
Pittsburgh
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Charlotte Elizabeth
Thanks!
The way I taught it was that I'd just pickup her paw and shake it, and say "good shake Charlotte!" and treat. After a few days I would just tap her foot, so she'd lift it, and I'd take it and reinforce the same way. Lastly, I just said the cue "shake" and she offered the paw on her own!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Welcome Taylor! I don't know who's luckier, Charlotte or you! So great that you foster, you have such a big heart. Feel free to browse the forums. There's tons of info for you to pick up.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Welcome Taylor. Charlotte is a beauty and your an angel for rescuing her.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the site. Miss Charlotte is so adorable. I love that name, my great-aunt was a Charlotte. Hope you find this place addicting and useful. We become one big family here.

Also, Thank You for adopting.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Forgot to say that Charlotte's one pretty bully. She has such a sweet looking face. :luv:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site,and I less you for giving that beautiful girl a fur-ever home.

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
welcome! I'm from Pittsburgh too. tho i live in Toronto now.Charlotte is sooooooo cute!

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Charlotte is gorgeous!!! Welcome to EBN. I look forward to learning more about Charlotte and seeing more of her too!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi Taylor and welcome to EBN! So glad you found us. :) I can't believe no one would have claimed Charlotte - WOW! She's so pretty and I just love her colors. I'd say you have the basic training down. Have you ever had a Bulldog before? They're just incredible and with a little bit of daily care they thrive. Looks like you're already on your way getting to know and undertand the breed. I use Earthborn Meadows Feast for Wilson and Coastal Catch for Emma and Jack (he's my pitty).

Again, :welcome:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.