Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hello everyone, I have much enjoyed learning from this site's articles, y'all's personal stories
and loving the bullies pictures. I'm Texas Carol, newly moved to Tyler, TX from Waco, TX and
new owner of my 1st bully, Brutus aka Brutie. I am his 3rd owner in this past year and he had
at least one more from before this year, no fault of Brutie...he is a great, 3 year old, neutered
male, sorry, no pics yet but will soon! My son started dating a wonderful girl who has a 5 yr old,
Bruzer and I got to keep him on weekends and 1 whole week when they flew up to Chicago at
Christmas...I fell deeply, deeply, in love w/ Bruzer and 2 years later, decided I must have one
for me. After learning about the breed, I began looking, 6 months ago but decided to rescue,
heard about Brutie, drove to Temple, TX and brought him home. He climbed up in my truck like
he knew us (Mother & me), settled in between us and never looked back...neither did we. He's
been here a month but it seems like he's always been here and I'm so grateful he loves us. I
have autoimmune diseases, am disabled, have brought my Mother, who has Alzheimer's, to live
with me, my husband works out of town and my son moved out 2 years ago (he's 23)...I needed
love and laughter and my future DIL's bulldog, Bruzer, provided all that and more and now, so is
Brutie. I never knew English Bulldogs were such clowns...who knew?!! Living with so much pain,
fatigue and the ups & downs of Lupus and dealing with the sadness of Alzheimer's stealing away
my Mother...laughs are difficult to come by but since Brutie has come to live with us, laughter is
ringing thru the house...from all of us! GOD bless the English Bulldog! Texas Carol & Brutie

L

Lucy-licious

What a lovely introduction ...If there is one thing these beautiful babies can do its help people to smile again. I am so happy that you two have found each other and he is helping you to enjoy life again.
:welcome: to EBN and we look forward to pictures and sharing some of those smiles with you xx

hughesjo

Jun 17, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelson
Welcome to the site Texas Carol, and how lucky Brutie is to have you! Looking forward to seeing some pictures :D

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN.... Great introduction. You will find that this site although devoted to English Bullies, is so much more. We are family and many of us call EBN our second home. I hope you will feel comfortable here and freely participate... Thank you so much for joining............ Now all we need is PIX.;)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:welcome: To you Carol and one very lucky Brutus..!!! It's amazing what these special Critters bring into our lives. For all different reasons and needs..yours are certainly a heart full of difficulties. Guess that's why you and Brutus found each other...AND US!! :D

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
Welcome, that was a beautiful intro! I am so glad you two were able to rescue each other. Can't wait to see pics of your pup!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site, and thank you for adopting Brutus, looking forward in seeing him. So jump right in and make some friends and it's good to have another Texan here.

OP
Texas Carol

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
What a lovely introduction ...If there is one thing these beautiful babies can do its help people to smile again. I am so happy that you two have found each other and he is helping you to enjoy life again.
:welcome: to EBN and we look forward to pictures and sharing some of those smiles with you xx[/QUOTE

Thank you! I look forward to getting to know all of you and your lovely bullies. Brutie has a head shaped quite
like your Lucy's and color & face pattern even...they could be related, they look so alike! I'm new to computers,
new to groups and new to Bullies...talking about a learning curve! Again, thank you for your warm welcome. Carol

Telly03

Community Veteran
Mar 31, 2010
Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Moses
Thanks for the introduction Carol... I'm not sure who is rescuing who in this situation, but it sounds like a wonderful win-win :up: oh, and welcome, I'm glad you found us.

OP
Texas Carol

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Thank you for these kind words, I see you are a Newbie, a month ahead of me joining up.
Isn't this site addictive? Never would have believed I'd JOIN such a large group and POST,
I was just gonna lurk and learn, lol Looking forward to knowing you! Carol

OP
Texas Carol

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names

Thank you so much, I DO feel comfortable here, very surprising to me as I'm not a group joiner
at all and can barely operate this laptop. Why there is no pics yet...but there will be! Love your
Princess Grace's face in that bottom pic, now THAT's a face to love! Carol

bodypeersur

Jul 8, 2012
Melbourne, Florida
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Welcome to EBN Carol. I'm a newbie as well. There is a great group of people here that are eager to help in any way they can. Looking forward to seeing pics of your boy Brutie.

Duff

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Heartfelt welcome to EBN Texas Carol and Brutie!

OP
Texas Carol

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Awww, I AM the lucky one...in finding Brutie and in finding this wonderful group.
In all the sites I've visited the past six months, while dreaming of MY bully...this
is the only group I've joined and I see no need to join others...can't quite believe
my luck...y'all have everything
:dance3:

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hiya: and :welcome: So glad you and Brutus joined. I have a Brutus too although he should have been named after Dennis the Mennis :lol: This is an amazing site and Im glad you found us. I was never a part of a forum until I found EBN :) Look forward to seeing pictures of Brutus and hearing stories. Thank you for opening your heart to him and giving him the best life he deserves. :hug:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online