Thread: Hello!

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member redhed's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sancho
    Likes (Received)

Default Hello!

Hi, my name is Leah and my husband and I will be adopting our first English Bulldog, whom we are naming Sancho, on Wednesday! I've done a ton of research on here (you guys are so knowledgable! TY!) in the last few weeks in preparation and now he's almost here! I can't wait

We were originally looking to rescue a Frenchie from FBRN, however that turned out to be next to impossible, and we were considering talking to a breeder. But then a friend of ours in Houston who knew we were looking sent us a picture of the cutest little puppy. Poor guy was apparently signed over to the vet after the owners couldn't (or should I say *wouldn't* since they paid $2K just for the dog!) pay a small vet bill.

They thought he had parvo, but two subsequent tests have come back negative, so perhaps the first was a false positive?! Either way, we agreed to cover his vet bills and on Wednesday our friend will be driving him out to us (in NM). He's already crate trained and nearly potty trained. I'm sure the potty training will lapse a little bit his first week with us, but my hubby is excellent w/ dogs so I have no doubt he'll be good to go (no pun intended) pretty soon. In the meantime, we installed a pet gate to keep him in the tiled area of our home. We needed a loooong (like 10 ft) one, and this (see pic) was the only one we could find. It was pricy on Amazon and needed some tweaks to be fully functional, but it works now and doesn't look as bad as the white ones...at least IMO.

Anyway, I can't wait!!!! My favorite part of all your posts has been the pics, so here are a couple for you guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -sancho-jpg   -imag0661-jpg  

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Hello!

Leah and Sancho! He is adorable. Amazes me when I hear these stories..but honestly, he is the luckiest little Bully! He has found his forever home and he will repay you in love many times over. I'm so glad you've joined and are finding this forum as wonderful as I do! That gate looks perfect!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

:welcome to EBN........ What can I say,,, Sancho is ADORABULL!!!!!!
    Hope you are getting LOTS of sleep before Wednesday.. lol. You are about to go on the most wonderful adventure of your life. These bullies are such neat additions to a family. I get up in the morning, look at HRH and smile. Doesn't get any better than having a dog that makes you smile. Thanx so much for joining and I hope you will find EBN to be your second home like so many of us have.

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member redhed's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sancho
    Likes (Received)

Thank you both for the welcome! I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions (even if I don't have plenty of sleep, LOL) and look forward to maybe contributing in the future.

As for smiles...we don't even have him yet and he makes us smile! I put together the image with the five pics to put on my PC desktop at work, so that when I'm frustrated, I can just look at it and smile. How can you not?

Thank you again. Cheers!

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=redhed;213664]

As for smiles...we don't even have him yet and he makes us smile! I put together the image with the five pics to put on my PC desktop at work, so that when I'm frustrated, I can just look at it and smile. How can you not?

Thank you again. Cheers![/QUOTE

I know..... Right now. she is laying next to my chair on the floor sleeping.... all I have to do is look down at her sleeping away with her tongue hanging out and I laugh.... There is no way you can NOT just love them to pieces.

Worlds Greatest Chef I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Henny
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hi Leah and welcome to EBN! I love your little guy Sancho...what a cutie pie! You are in for the adventure of your life. It's very rewarding to be the parent of a bulldog. The love they give you and the joy that exudes from their every pore is amazing.

Real Name
    Kassie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rufus McGee
    Likes (Received)

HI!!! Welcome!!!
    "You can judge a man's true character by the way he treats animals"

Real Name
    Duff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Welcome Leah and Sancho. My wife and I are new bully parents as well! Sancho ROCKS!!! Congratz on your new family member.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site and your little one is a cutie. So glad you found him, if people can not afford the vet bill they will never take good care of him, so I'm glad you have him so he will have a good life. The gate looks great also, and is a good idea when potty training one to confine them to a certain area of the house.
    Last edited by JAKEISGREAT; 07-09-2012 at 08:15 PM.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Bulldog Vet in Training LaurenA's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rook
    Likes (Received)

Congrats on finding your bully! He is adorable!

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Umm Do have the name redhead for a reason? Could it be you are a ginger? Welcome to EBN, my firend. Check out the ginger post started by @JeannieCO. I hate to hear the P word, since my swett Bertha is just 11 weeks and one DTP to go but you scored!!! He is a cutey

I'm a good girl, I promise

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

and Glad you joined and shared some pictures He is such a handsome bullie and will give you so much love and sleepless nights in the beginning lol
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads