Hello!

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
Hi, my name is Leah and my husband and I will be adopting our first English Bulldog, whom we are naming Sancho, on Wednesday! I've done a ton of research on here (you guys are so knowledgable! TY!) in the last few weeks in preparation and now he's almost here! I can't wait :) :)

We were originally looking to rescue a Frenchie from FBRN, however that turned out to be next to impossible, and we were considering talking to a breeder. But then a friend of ours in Houston who knew we were looking sent us a picture of the cutest little puppy. Poor guy was apparently signed over to the vet after the owners couldn't (or should I say *wouldn't* since they paid $2K just for the dog!) pay a small vet bill.

They thought he had parvo, but two subsequent tests have come back negative, so perhaps the first was a false positive?! Either way, we agreed to cover his vet bills and on Wednesday our friend will be driving him out to us (in NM). He's already crate trained and nearly potty trained. I'm sure the potty training will lapse a little bit his first week with us, but my hubby is excellent w/ dogs so I have no doubt he'll be good to go (no pun intended) pretty soon. In the meantime, we installed a pet gate to keep him in the tiled area of our home. We needed a loooong (like 10 ft) one, and this (see pic) was the only one we could find. It was pricy on Amazon and needed some tweaks to be fully functional, but it works now and doesn't look as bad as the white ones...at least IMO.

Anyway, I can't wait!!!! My favorite part of all your posts has been the pics, so here are a couple for you guys.

Attachments

• Sancho.jpg
    Sancho.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMAG0661.jpg
    IMAG0661.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 132

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:welcome: Leah and Sancho! He is adorable. Amazes me when I hear these stories..but honestly, he is the luckiest little Bully! He has found his forever home and he will repay you in love many times over. I'm so glad you've joined and are finding this forum as wonderful as I do! That gate looks perfect! :up:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome to EBN........ What can I say,,, Sancho is ADORABULL!!!!!!
Hope you are getting LOTS of sleep before Wednesday.. lol. You are about to go on the most wonderful adventure of your life. These bullies are such neat additions to a family. I get up in the morning, look at HRH and smile. Doesn't get any better than having a dog that makes you smile. Thanx so much for joining and I hope you will find EBN to be your second home like so many of us have. :)

OP
redhed

redhed

Jun 22, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sancho
Thank you both for the welcome! I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions (even if I don't have plenty of sleep, LOL) and look forward to maybe contributing in the future.

As for smiles...we don't even have him yet and he makes us smile! I put together the image with the five pics to put on my PC desktop at work, so that when I'm frustrated, I can just look at it and smile. :) How can you not?

Thank you again. Cheers!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
As for smiles...we don't even have him yet and he makes us smile! I put together the image with the five pics to put on my PC desktop at work, so that when I'm frustrated, I can just look at it and smile. :) How can you not?

Thank you again. Cheers![/QUOTE

I know..... Right now. she is laying next to my chair on the floor sleeping.... all I have to do is look down at her sleeping away with her tongue hanging out and I laugh.... There is no way you can NOT just love them to pieces. :luv:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Hi Leah and welcome to EBN! I love your little guy Sancho...what a cutie pie! You are in for the adventure of your life. It's very rewarding to be the parent of a bulldog. The love they give you and the joy that exudes from their every pore is amazing.:luv:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and your little one is a cutie. So glad you found him, if people can not afford the vet bill they will never take good care of him, so I'm glad you have him so he will have a good life. The gate looks great also, and is a good idea when potty training one to confine them to a certain area of the house.

Last edited by a moderator:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Umm Do have the name redhead for a reason? Could it be you are a ginger? :dance3: Welcome to EBN, my firend. Check out the ginger post started by [MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION]. I hate to hear the P word, since my swett Bertha is just 11 weeks and one DTP to go but you scored!!! He is a cutey

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hiya: and :welcome: Glad you joined and shared some pictures :) He is such a handsome bullie and will give you so much love and sleepless nights in the beginning lol :)

Vince00

Community Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Estevan, Sask
Bulldog(s) Names
Kain
Good luck, they are like a breed of no other. When you commit to them they return the love 10 fold.

Always stay calm and submissive and remind yourself how you feel today so happy when something isn't going as planned.

Have a solid plan before you start to housetrain and any other training (I use clicker training) and you will be amazed in 4 months how good a decision it will have been.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Most Reactions