New Member and Bully Caretaker!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Hi !! Welcome to EBN . I got here late and everything sounds really good. Bella looks great too. You got some awesome advise.

Remember, they can smell fear. Not really, but they can sure see it.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. I can't help with the problem but wanted to say HI. I'm glad you joined and hope you will be an active member of our little group of bully lovers.:)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
sarah was very aggressive with my other dogs when we got her. i tried several things and what worked for me was the spray bottle with water. i also put her alone in a bedroom for a period of time seems to help to as she is very social. im so glad you found us and love the pics. :welcome:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome Duff. Congrats on your new bullie which opens you to whole new world. I have recently discovered behavior problems with my 11 week Miss Bertha Bacon. She thinks she is a boy!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Hello, Duff & Bella, I joined this month too AND I've only had my FIRST Bully ONE month
and I'm 57...this is kinda spooky
:meeting: I also have a cat, a beautiful Ragdoll, 12 yrs old, CoCo,
who is THE love of my life and is a DIVA and who rules this household and ALL in it. Brutie
waited for her to make the 1st move (a week after he came) and after she rubbed against
his chest, he lowered his big head and kissed her ears and that was that...he was officially
accepted!

Bella must learn, know and respect, YOU are the ALPHA and also learn her place in your pack.
I wouldn't leave the cat alone with her until they have made friends and actually, that may never
happen but you can and should, insist on mutual respect and that can happen. I once had 2 Catahoulas
(not generally recomended in cat households) that learned to 'get along and leave alone' my cats. I
still DID NOT leave them alone in the house when gone...never tempt fate!

Be patient, loving, kind but firm and Bella will settle down, I think she's doing great, coming from rescue.

GOD bless you for rescuing her and also, Congratulations!...on your newest family member, she's beautiful!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.