New from Ohio

sweetpeasmom2008

Bully lovin' movie buff
Community Veteran
Jun 29, 2012
Utah
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Lucy
Welcome! For me I went the breeder path because I wanted to go through the puppy phase with my two girls and teach them all the steps and how to be a responsible pet owner without having to correct issues from a dog being mistreated, so we started with a fresh slate. I would have been more apt to adopt if I had been a previous bulldog owner but this is our first time with that breed I wanted to start at the beginning. Their is a puppy page here Im sure someone will post the link sooner or later but read that through and write a shopping list when your ready, this site also has all sorts of articles on here for breeding info what to look for in a breeder ect. Welcome again and I hope you find your baby soon!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=5307]trevcam11[/MENTION] Hello and a belated :welcome:!!!

I'm based in Lorain county so further north than you!!! I can't be of much help I'm afraid for a breeder as our first bully, Maggie, was a purchase from a pet store because we knew no better ... had never heard of Amish Puppy Mills .... and were horrified when we found this site and discovered where our little princess would have come from.

Daddy was an actual rescue from an Amish Puppy Mill down in Holmes co., and turned out to be more Old English than English!!

Linus was from a litter that Lisa, [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION], allowed us to adopt. However, my husband and daughter took a week to drive from Ohio to Arizona to pick Linus up for my Christmas present .... so not what you would call "normal" :rofl:

I would certainly start with the advice that you have already been given to look through the breeders that are on the bulldog club of america website. I'm also going to tag [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION] as she's in Cleveland, and may be more help than I am.

I'm involved with Rescue Ohio English Bulldogs .... so if you're on facebook don't forget to stop by and look at our page. I fully respect and support your decision to get a puppy first, and am so happy that you are taking the time to lurk on EBN and get as much advice as you possibly can from our members here, and if you'd ever like to get involved or follow our fundraisers etc that would be fantastic!! :up:

Saalwi

Community Veteran
Jan 3, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Schultz
[MENTION=5307]trevcam11[/MENTION] I'm even more north than [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION] just outside Cleveland on the eastside.... I went to Houston, Texas to get Schultz and flew him home in cabin on Continental.... I don't come into contact with many bullies in my neighborhood...but when I was researching breeders the nearest reputable ones seemed to be in Pennslyvania.....just ask questions, questions, and then some more questions....a good breeder will welcome the 3rd degree....good luck on your search.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.