Ladies or Gentlemen , your attention please....

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Must be a female thing...Karly is the same way. They get along great most of the time but when they do get rambunctious then it's time to go to seperate corners!
I say go for it just be sure to get her spayed. Then you just have to protect him cause she'll be trying to hump him every chance she gets...or at least that's what Karly does. lol

acarabias

Sep 15, 2011
El Paso, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Aldo Chocolate, Katara Fiona, Bruno Cannoli
I do have a male and a female. Both of mine have been challenging. I think it is because I got them both as babies together. If I had to do it again I would have gotten the male first, let him calm down and trained then gotten the female. Katara is the best pup with my kids, she is calm and listens to them, but she is also a PITA with Aldo... she will attack him and then they do get into pretty bad fights... I have been able to stop the last 3 fights before they intensified though so that's a proud moment for me :) How old is your boy?

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
If you want a girl then get her. Cutty gave me a lot of :poo: when he was young and now with Miila... she reminds me of Orion actually. Crazy insane, but thankfully we were able to get her bad attitude under control. Now I just have to deal with CRAZY quirks of hers, like wanting to get ahold of every plastic bag she hears. Changing trash bags is fun! lol So long as you are pack leader (and trust me if I can learn to lead her you can too) it will be fine. You could go boy or girl and starting out as pups you should be good to go either way. I regret none of my pups. ;)

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I had always grown up to believe females were more submissive, but since learned from my own that boys are quite frisky but they don't hold grudges. I really think it is their personality trait also. Bertha was always a firecracker since the day she was born, Marlow was always laid back.

I think it is always a more safe way to go one male one female if you have the choice. Females tend to only bicker with other females in my house. They all get along great with the boys. but it could be that the boys are just more submissive and I am lucky that way.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Now I just have to deal with CRAZY quirks of hers, like wanting to get ahold of every plastic bag she hears. Changing trash bags is fun! lol ;)

Changing trash bags. Using tin foil. Vacuuming. And trying to use the zapping fly swatter.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Changing trash bags. Using tin foil. Vacuuming. And trying to use the zapping fly swatter.

:lmao: Running the food processor, the garbage disposal and yes foil is sounding familiar now that I think of it. I am just so used to Miilas crazy and I dont use it often I never thought of that one. Vacuuming too but she will mostly sit/stay on the couch which is what I have to do with Cutty also. haha Otherwise forget it, no vacuuming would ever get done.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
:lmao: Running the food processor, the garbage disposal and yes foil is sounding familiar now that I think of it. I am just so used to Miilas crazy and I dont use it often I never thought of that one. Vacuuming too but she will mostly sit/stay on the couch which is what I have to do with Cutty also. haha Otherwise forget it, no vacuuming would ever get done.

Orion reminds me of a hungry fish when I'm vacuuming. She will hide around a corner until she has direct access to the vacuum bag. She will jump out, take a bite, then run off again. Drives me crazy.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh and ice. Be careful when getting ice from the door dispenser. She is better now but at first she would get so excited for a piece of ice, she bit hubbys finger, punctured even. lol CRAZY! Now she just jumps up on the door leaving beautiful scratches in the stainless. lol

Mountainlover

Jun 19, 2012
North Carolina
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
We had a horrible experience with two male dogs, one French Bulldog and one Cocker Spaniel. They would fight constantly...jumping up in the air and going at it. They were very loud and I was constantly stressed out. It got to the point where we decided to give the Cocker Spaniel away. He did great in his new home, where he was the only dog. We eventually got a female Cavalier King Charles Spaniel and her and our Frenchie were the best of friends. I would never want to try two same sex dogs again, especially two males, but that's just me.

OP
kingofkings

kingofkings

Mar 23, 2012
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson The Bold
hmmm...i'm not sure..Ive always like the white or light fawn but I guess im a sucker for them now..It's in the eyes..I look at their expression . I know it sounds silly, but i feel their 'face' will tell you a lot of their personality.

OP
kingofkings

kingofkings

Mar 23, 2012
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson The Bold
Orion reminds me of a hungry fish when I'm vacuuming. She will hide around a corner until she has direct access to the vacuum bag. She will jump out, take a bite, then run off again. Drives me crazy.
haha ! Samson does the stealth mode too, aproaching the vacuum in a bowing position until, strike ! Then he runs off, until i see him sneaking under the table for more. Its my fault though , as a puppy I didnt want him to be afraid of it(he used to be ) so i would place him around the vacuum while it was on. ..and chase him with it ..but now he thinks im playing with him...and tries to get a ride while i vacuum. It really doubled up my vacuum time. Although..once i give him the look he sits and watches. :)

OP
kingofkings

kingofkings

Mar 23, 2012
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson The Bold
Must be a female thing...Karly is the same way. They get along great most of the time but when they do get rambunctious then it's time to go to seperate corners!
I say go for it just be sure to get her spayed. Then you just have to protect him cause she'll be trying to hump him every chance she gets...or at least that's what Karly does. lol
wait....She humps HIM, haha...ill run it by Samson then, that is so.....weird.(in the nicest way possible , of course ;) )

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online