Ladies or Gentlemen , your attention please....

kingofkings

Mar 23, 2012
Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson The Bold
Our young boy Samson has been such a great dog for our family. He suits us perfectly ! BUT , he (and agingermom's little miss Bertha Bacon ) have sparked a desire for a little bulldog lady...I keep daydreaming and thinking of pros and cons . My husband says another boy would probably be safer (since we already have experience with one ) but he picked Samson and I would love to have my little princess puppy too...but out of experience what are your opinions ? Do you have any regrets with the gender of your bulldog or any insight that might allow for a different perspective ? I would love to read about your experience.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
I say go for it. From what I have heard, there are mainly issues with multiple females....however I have 3 in my house and they do fine.

Get your little princess!!!!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
We have 2 males ones a lab and a bully then in feb we adopted a female bully that was a yr old and she has fit in perfect to our little life's. They are all awesome together

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
it all depends on your ability as the pack leader.... gender will not matter if they know where they are in the pack order

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
I've heard of more trouble from people with two males or two females a lot more than two of mixed gender. But since we only have one princess I'm only recounting hearsay.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
DO IT!!! I just painted Bertha's toenails!! Arnold would never let me do that!! lol!!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
One male and one female will not be any trouble at all ..... I currently have 3 boys and 4 girls here, and I have to say the biggest problem right now are with the males!!!! It's really the two youngest .. Linus and Daddy and I think it's just alot of high pent up energy more than anything else. It's so fricking hot right now day and night that they are left to play inside and it's not the same as running from one side to the other in the yard.

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Do I have regrets. Um....I did. I'm 39 years old and I've only ever owned males. Dog, cats...even my pet rat was male. Our intention was to get a brother for Vegas. Two were born into the litter and I had my heart set on him. Tripoli only survived 36 hours. He was so small. He was only 4 oz at birth. We had to tube feed him...I still don't know what happened to him. He just went to sleep and never woke up. My heart broke in two. The only surviving pup in the litter was female. A white female. I didn't want a female and I didn't want a white bulldog. Well, I now have a 3 year old white female bulldog who is the biggest PITA ever! I spent the first several months not bonding with her. She was mouthy. Demanding. Stubborn. I firmly believe that if Caesar Milan were to come to my house, he would walk away defeated. I can submit Orion and have her in a calm, submissive state for 5 minutes. The second I release her...she is back at it again. It's usually bullying Vegas. Orion is great by herself. But she likes to cause drama. She is a stinker. But....I wouldn't trade her for anything. I think being the alpha plays a huge part in it, but it's not the only thing that contributes to how your bulldogs may interact or behave. There could be underlying issues. Psychological, medical or environmental. This, of course...is just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Do I have regrets. Um....I did. I'm 39 years old and I've only ever owned males. Dog, cats...even my pet rat was male. Our intention was to get a brother for Vegas. Two were born into the litter and I had my heart set on him. Tripoli only survived 36 hours. He was so small. He was only 4 oz at birth. We had to tube feed him...I still don't know what happened to him. He just went to sleep and never woke up. My heart broke in two. The only surviving pup in the litter was female. A white female. I didn't want a female and I didn't want a white bulldog. Well, I now have a 3 year old white female bulldog who is the biggest PITA ever! I spent the first several months not bonding with her. She was mouthy. Demanding. Stubborn. I firmly believe that if Caesar Milan were to come to my house, he would walk away defeated. I can submit Orion and have her in a calm, submissive state for 5 minutes. The second I release her...she is back at it again. It's usually bullying Vegas. Orion is great by herself. But she likes to cause drama. She is a stinker. But....I wouldn't trade her for anything. I think being the alpha plays a huge part in it, but it's not the only thing that contributes to how your bulldogs may interact or behave. There could be underlying issues. Psychological, medical or environmental. This, of course...is just my opinion.

I think when Tripoli passed over to the other side, he gave Orion his spunk so that you would always have a part of him. That's why Orion has double the spunkiness!!!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)

I think Miss Bertha BAcon has a soulmate, LOL. She listens to me but that drama, running her mouth thing sounds very familiar. But then she cuddles me or holds her paws up to hold her and I love her even more

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
I think Miss Bertha BAcon has a soulmate, LOL. She listens to me but that drama, running her mouth thing sounds very familiar. But then she cuddles me or holds her paws up to hold her and I love her even more

Yes...Orion can be a total cuddler. Only when she wants to though. And, she is small enough that I can hold her on my hip like a toddler. Until, of course...she throws herself backwards.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake

:lies: She is the sweetest little thanggg...I see her sleeping and looking so :angel: Only once in awhile do I see her staring at Vegas with the :evil: in her eyes! :eek: (about once every 5 minutes is all...)

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Lari wanted a girl because she didn't want a humping male dog...... Guess what? Lari is the only one that HRH humps!! :laugh:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
My little princess can be a BI@@@ sometimes already and she's only 7 months. She's very possessive with certain toys and if Wilson has one that she wants she gets in his face and then that turns into a fight. Which happened again this morning I might add. Three times now. I've always had male dogs and oh man these females are wonderful but they have quite an attitude, well at least mine does. She's quite sweet too. If we ever get another, it'll be another male. :D

Most Reactions