OP
Zoey1974

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
I have read several different posts about witch hazel, corn starch, peroxide, etc. I am starting with the Malesab (SP) wipes and keeping the area dry. I really hope this works!

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
hi and welcome! your zoey looks a little like my lola :) super cute red brindle with white :) we just use dry kleenex when her tear stains are wet. keeping them dry has prevented them from being too bad. i always say awww why do you gotta cry so much lola bear?? and company says how do you know she's crying, and i'm like, she's not crying, she just has eye boogers. sheesh! :)

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I have read several different posts about witch hazel, corn starch, peroxide, etc. I am starting with the Malesab (SP) wipes and keeping the area dry. I really hope this works!

She is such a cutie. As far as the tear stains like [MENTION=983]LariP[/MENTION] said it could be food/environmental allergy. What food is she eating? You are on the right track with malesab wipes and keeping it dry! :) she is lucky to have you :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk so that explains my grammar :)

OP
Zoey1974

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
She came to me on Science Diet so I have kept her on that for now. They were also giving her Tums with each meal. I will admit that cost will play a factor in food choice. What do you all recommend that won't break the bank?

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome to you and to Zoey! What a pretty girl! Wait Until you see her without the stinky tear stains!

More than likely it is the food causing those stains. Science diet is full of junk that is not good for bullies. Plus you have to feed them twice as much of it and of course pick up three times more poo! Click the navtab at the top that says articles and go to the dog food and nutrition section. There are loads of articles, including the dog food ratings, how to read dog food labels, and our recommended dog food choices.

Another thing to keep in mind is that on a good diet you build up the immune system, which should keep you out of the vets office more. Vets love to see bulldogs come to visit, they think "cha-Ching!". Since finding the right foods my dogs rarely see the vet. Only reason I can have as many as I do! Vets in Tucson charge $50 just to see your dog!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
:welcome: I recommend having a blood allergy test done. Getting my dogs on the right food have eliminated tear stains. Also don't give junky market treats. Healthy treats like vegetables (Like carrots or green beans and always monitor your pet while they are eating) are much better for them. You'd be surprised at how store bought treats can trigger allergies showing up in skin bumps, scabs or pinkish skin.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Hiya! Uh oh, I think you just jinxed yourself. You'll soon find that the left shoe of your fave sneakers missing. :yes:

Welcome to the OCD forum, err, I mean the best bully forum! :D

hahahahaha TRUE THAT!

Welcome. Thank you for rescuing her. She will return that love to you BAZILLION FOLD! :bully:

OP
Zoey1974

Zoey1974

Bully's Bikes and Books!
Jun 25, 2012
Lake Milton, Ohio
Bulldog(s) Names
Zoey
Thank you all so much!! I checked out the food link and am definitely going to switch her to something much better. She has stolen my heart (and my side of the bed) and will have a wonderful home! You are just wonderful. Now if I could only figure out how to put her in my profile pic :D

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Thank you all so much!! I checked out the food link and am definitely going to switch her to something much better. She has stolen my heart (and my side of the bed) and will have a wonderful home! You are just wonderful. Now if I could only figure out how to put her in my profile pic :D

Go to settings

Edit avatar (profile picture is the one on your profile, avatar shows up in posts)

Browse your computer for your favorite pic

Save and you're done :)

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome. The only ocd trait Arnold or bertha bacon has is sitting before the treat jar opens, lol

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Awww, what a precious girl! Welcome to EBN. I know you will continue to learn from us, just like we all do. You never know when you'll come across something new and useful here. I'm always learning and I love it!

Most Reactions