Hi !

Cookie Crumbles Mum

Jun 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie Crumble
HI everyone - i have the pleasure of owning a beautiful little madam called Cookie Crumble and she turns 1 next week. She is the first dog I have ever had the honour of living with and I enjoy every moment with her! I have joined this group to hopefully pick up tips and advice in helping me provide her with the best possible life. Cookie is a happy and comical dog,shes very friendly and just looooves to chew! Her only downside is getting her to walk, she will go for trips in the car and walk in the moorlands but when it comes to walking on the pavements where we live its a big nooo! She just goes into reverse mode and shrugs out of her harness and goes into the house! Any tips would be gratefully recieved. :yes:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and wuld love to see pics of your bully, as for the walking thing, try coaxing her with a treat. Our Blondie did not like going for walks at the house either and a treat would not help. Sometimes they just don't like to go for a walk. You can work with her and someone will come along and give some good advise in how to get them to walk. I did not push the issue with Blondie.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
:welcome: .... and don't forget to post plenty of pics of your bully baby!!!!!

As for walking ....... well some bullys just don't like to walk and in the end you just have to face up to the fact and move on .... LOL!!!!

Maggie for one was not too keen on going for walks ..... but if you took her for a ride in the car she was in heaven. The biggest problem with taking Maggie for a drive was in getting her out of the car. If you were on your own, whichever side of the car you went to she would run to the other side. So round you go to the other side and she would wait right up to the second that you got there and run to the other side with this bully wiggle of hers. It was her favorite game!!!! :luv: Which is why we let her do it so much before we finally climbed her in and dragged her little bully butt out of the car!!

L

Lucy-licious

Aww! Cookie crumbles, what a sweet name :love: Lucy was very much like this at cookies age...she loved her walks in the woods and at the local reservoirs etc but get her out for our local walk and she just sat down and wouldn't budge. Luckily our access road is very quiet of cars so we started taking her,at the beginning, off lead...she would just trot along in front of us no problem..once started she enjoyed the daily walk and now at 2 she is sat at the back door just after 6.30 every evening waiting to go.

Try treats, praise, and lots of encouragement, take a favourite toy perhaps, and if there is someone that can go along and help make it fun then get them involved.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Bo wants to go for a walk anytime, anyplace. He's ready to roll - always. Bea, however, must be "bribed" sometimes. I use a bottle of bubbles because she LOVES to chase them. When we get to the park, she gets to chase a few bubbles. Then they're having so much fun, they don't want to go home. ha ha ha

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I use a bottle of bubbles because she LOVES to chase them. When we get to the park, she gets to chase a few bubbles. Then they're having so much fun, they don't want to go home. ha ha ha

Wow .. you just reminded me how much fun they are. On my daughters 16th birthday a friend bought her about four bottles of bubbles and the dogs loved chasing them. Once they'd all gone we kinda forgot all about them ... you just reminded me how much crazy fun the dogs had with it!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! I love her name! Does she walk on a leash other places? I was thinking maybe it's the leash she doesn't like?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: certainly great to meet you! I also love her name. I'm wondering, like Desertskybulldogs if she's just not liking her lead. but..being a Bully ..odds are, she just doesnt want to walk! :ROFL:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: I hope we will be treated with a picture or more of Miss Cookie Crumble soon!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
WElcome to EBN!! I love her name!! Makes me hungry. I have a question , which is off topic. What is the difference between the UK flag for you and [MENTION=1648]Lucy-licious[/MENTION] and [MENTION=959]kazzy220[/MENTION]? I guess I need a geography lesson.

L

Lucy-licious

WElcome to EBN!! I love her name!! Makes me hungry. I have a question , which is off topic. What is the difference between the UK flag for you and @Lucy-licious and @kazzy220? I guess I need a geography lesson.

The Union Jack (the British Flag) the one flown by Karen and [MENTION=5211]Cookie Crumbles Mum[/MENTION], is the flag that represents the whole of Britain...and is made up of the flags of the separate countries in Britain being, England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland. I fly the England Flag...otherwise know as St George's Cross :D
But with the Olympics here at the moment maybe I should be changing it to the Union Jack too!!

Last edited:
OP
Cookie Crumbles Mum

Cookie Crumbles Mum

Jun 23, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Cookie Crumble
Thank you everyone for your kind comments its nice to know that people have the same experiences with bullys too! Cookie crumble likes her harness and lead she's just a prima donna about where and when she wants a walk! X

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:pics:

:welcome: to EBN..... tough crowd here when you don't post pix... LOL We are glad you joined us and hope you find a second home here on EBN like so many of us have. If she is back in out of her harness..... get her a different harness... ;) Coaxing with treats may help but make sure you don't run out 2 blocks from home.... they get heavy carrying them home... ROFL. Thanx for joining, can't wait to see pix.. ;)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Wow .. you just reminded me how much fun they are. On my daughters 16th birthday a friend bought her about four bottles of bubbles and the dogs loved chasing them. Once they'd all gone we kinda forgot all about them ... you just reminded me how much crazy fun the dogs had with it!!!

It's really the only aerobic exercise that Bea gets. She loves it. Bo participates a LITTLE bit --- but he doesn't have the prey drive that Bea does so I'm using rewards to try to get him into it also. It's a great way to quickly tire them out -- like before company comes, etc.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
well hello there and welcome to ebn. sarah doesn walk much anymore but when she did she would walk with the leash but prefered it better without it. bullies are a stubborn lot.

Members online

No members online now.