Real Name
    Crystal
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
    Likes (Received)

Default New to the group

Hi everyone my name is Crystal. I don't own a bully nor have I interact with one before. My husband is one whom got me into "liking" them and that grew into an obsession of learning all about them!! Might I.say I don't know how we've home this long without one!! I do have a question what would any of you recommend starting off with a puppy or an older dog.
    Oh BTW I love the forum here!!
    Your has never been touched.... Until a Bully enters your World.....

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New to the group

Welcome! As for starting with pup or older bully... Depends on what you are ready for. When hubby and I decided to finally get our baby we called a few breeders off the bca list and 1 had puppies and one had a 9 month old who she was thinking of showing but had too much on her plate at the time. We chose the 9 month old cuz he was house trained etc already. Dont get me wrong he still was a puppy at heart at that age but Cutty had been past that puppy biting and crazy stage. Still chewed no many things in the house, couches, baseboards, pillows, dog beds etc but probably would have been a MUCH bigger challenge had he been itty bitty. We got Miila at 1 year old also so I still have that need for a baby bully someday but nothing wrong with getting them older at all. Certainly dont love them any less and I think when you get them at an older age they tend to love you more if they had a rough background cuz they know how good they have it. The reward is greater in that case. There are SO many in rescue that need homes, if you are thinking of an older one I would look thru your local rescue and see what they have available to start.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

Like Jenn said above.... it depends on what you can handle. Bully puppies can be a challenge but if you are up to it can also be a great experience.
    We were not interested in necessarily having a puppy and got a retired breeder dog at 3.5 years old. Princess Gracie came to us as an adult with all her idiosyncrasies imbedded in her thick head. Wouldn't trade her for all the tea in Walmart.!!!
    Another option is adopting a rescue.... there are thousands of bullies out there looking for a forever home!!!
    If you decide to get a puppy, make sure you pick your breeder carefully and beware of scams.

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duke
    Likes (Received)

We have had Duke since he was a puppy but I would also rescue one for sure now that I have educated myself so much about them! its up to you!

Real Name
    Crystal
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Thanks I've applied to 2 different rescues already still waiting....... My idea of getting an older one was to avoid all the puppy challenges especially since I've never personally had experience with one. For those of u who have males do they "hike" or they too short that's my one reason I chose female on my adoption application, cuz my dog at home fixed in all he still hikes his leg... I search about 3hrs a night about bullies available from rescues.. my hubby says i went bully crazy lol

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

LOL, I remember doing the internet thing!! Arnold hikes his leg but outside, I have never caught him doing it inside. In fact, we took him for a walk at Couer d'alene Lake and he marked at least 5 trash cans, 20 evergreens, and a few poles!!

I'm a good girl, I promise

Real Name
    Crystal
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Lol ok so boys will be boys and will hike their legs alright well I guess if I learn to teach them not to do it in the house

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Hello and welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs!!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Drool Catcher Become a 4 Paw Member Bulldoggie371's Avatar
    Real Name
    Heather Morgan
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ciara, Boz, Echo & Aries
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the Crazy world of Bullies! As far as choosing puppy, older or rescue I think you'll know it when you see one you can't stop thinking about. I have bred and raised puppies and they are adorable but my Rescue Boz has my heart. He came to us at 3 yrs. old.

Treat me kindly, my beloved master, for no heart in all the world is more grateful for kindness than the loving heart of me.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

!!!! Very exciting that you are getting closer to a I'd definitely consider a rescue! Can't wait to meet your new family member..jump in and Welcome to the Family!

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

bulldogs were never an obsession for me either until my husband @BruceP said that's the only kind of dog he would consider. He, and HRH convinced me pretty easily though that he was right about this one little thing.

Likes (Received)

Welcome! We got Jackson when he was about two years old from a rescue and he was already house-trained, which was a big plus! He also already knew basic commands and was a good listener. If/when we get another dog, it will also be from a rescue and about 2yrs or older. We don't want to deal with training a puppy and having them pee/crap all over our new house. lol

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads