RaRett

Oogle Me on Google
Community Veteran
Apr 15, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
Lakermarie, where do you live? we might be able to put you in contact with the rescues in your area.

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
Welcome to the site. Like everyone has said, It is your preference in what age you get your baby. I will say that there are many many benefits to rescues. Not only to you get a great dog that needs a very loving home. The rescue has also taken time to spay/nueter, get all immunizations in order and also take care of other health concerns like Cherry eyes, tail pockets etc.....Almost like you little one went to to charm school and came home a perfect adult!

What ever you decide, you have made a wonderful choice by just doing your research! That is more than most do.

Now once the new baby arrives, remember to come on board daily, we expect photos and questions on a regular basis. We are one big happy family here.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
:welcome: bulldogs were never an obsession for me either until my husband [MENTION=1034]BruceP[/MENTION] said that's the only kind of dog he would consider. He, and HRH convinced me pretty easily though that he was right about this one little thing. :love:

Yay glad to know he got something right! :lol: kidding...

Welcome to our group! I think a rescue would be a wonderful choice. Nothing like saving a bully from a bad life, gives you wings :)

OP
lakermarie

lakermarie

Jun 4, 2012
Albuquerque NM
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
HI i applied to Bulldog rescue of Az and Almost home boxer rescue (they have a few bulldogs). Every bully we found seemed to need to be only dog or no kids under a certain age. Which i completely understand and totally agree can't have a crazy dog fights or kids getting hurt... But we found out Bully now he just cam ehome yesterday!!!! I posted his pic on the General Talk... Oh i wil definietely be asking questions!!!! I've done my reading and mentally prepared just now that he's here i'm a lil mess... Everyone here is SOOOO SUPER AWESOMELY NICE!!!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
HI i applied to Bulldog rescue of Az and Almost home boxer rescue (they have a few bulldogs). Every bully we found seemed to need to be only dog or no kids under a certain age. Which i completely understand and totally agree can't have a crazy dog fights or kids getting hurt... But we found out Bully now he just cam ehome yesterday!!!! I posted his pic on the General Talk... Oh i wil definietely be asking questions!!!! I've done my reading and mentally prepared just now that he's here i'm a lil mess... Everyone here is SOOOO SUPER AWESOMELY NICE!!!

Just try not to get overwhelmed. Even with a brand new pup..I was a mess! You think you are prepared and then true panic hits you when you have them home. You will find lts of help and support here. Just remember...one step at a time and it will take a bit of time to get to know him and for him to realize he is REALLY HOME! Congrats!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Congratulations on your new bully :).

Members online