Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lynn, but maybe my login name gave it away...lol
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Otis and Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New to the group

I only got interested in a EBD after I met a friend who owned one and that's all it took for me - after that I too went BULLY crazy! We had an old dog at home and didnt want her to have to deal with another dog so after she passed this last February I FINALLY got my Otis - my husband was concerned purchasing an EBD because of the expense and health issues but you should see the love he has for him - I think now he is BULLY crazy too.

Good luck on your quest to find one.
    Otis you'll never know how much I love you I love you more then all the leaves on all the trees

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

One thing you have learnt already ... bullys do make you crazy!!! There is no love like the love you share with a bully!!

Whether you get a puppy or an older bully there are going to be good things and bad things so there is no right answer!! Where are you located ... just wondered which two rescues you applied to??

Lucy-licious

I got Lucy as a puppy and am now loking for a brother for her....I am loking at pups and rescues. I dont mind either as long as Lucy loves him to ebn

Oogle Me on Google Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Missi -- With Gizmo and Hershey never far from my heart
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Lakermarie, where do you live? we might be able to put you in contact with the rescues in your area.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to the site. Like everyone has said, It is your preference in what age you get your baby. I will say that there are many many benefits to rescues. Not only to you get a great dog that needs a very loving home. The rescue has also taken time to spay/nueter, get all immunizations in order and also take care of other health concerns like Cherry eyes, tail pockets etc.....Almost like you little one went to to charm school and came home a perfect adult!

What ever you decide, you have made a wonderful choice by just doing your research! That is more than most do.

Now once the new baby arrives, remember to come on board daily, we expect photos and questions on a regular basis. We are one big happy family here.

Always with me

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LariP View Post
    bulldogs were never an obsession for me either until my husband @BruceP said that's the only kind of dog he would consider. He, and HRH convinced me pretty easily though that he was right about this one little thing.
    Yay glad to know he got something right! kidding...

Welcome to our group! I think a rescue would be a wonderful choice. Nothing like saving a bully from a bad life, gives you wings

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Crystal
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    GATOR, (HOPE RIP) & Spot the Aussie/mix
    Likes (Received)

HI i applied to Bulldog rescue of Az and Almost home boxer rescue (they have a few bulldogs). Every bully we found seemed to need to be only dog or no kids under a certain age. Which i completely understand and totally agree can't have a crazy dog fights or kids getting hurt... But we found out Bully now he just cam ehome yesterday!!!! I posted his pic on the General Talk... Oh i wil definietely be asking questions!!!! I've done my reading and mentally prepared just now that he's here i'm a lil mess... Everyone here is SOOOO SUPER AWESOMELY NICE!!!
    Your has never been touched.... Until a Bully enters your World.....

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by lakermarie View Post
    HI i applied to Bulldog rescue of Az and Almost home boxer rescue (they have a few bulldogs). Every bully we found seemed to need to be only dog or no kids under a certain age. Which i completely understand and totally agree can't have a crazy dog fights or kids getting hurt... But we found out Bully now he just cam ehome yesterday!!!! I posted his pic on the General Talk... Oh i wil definietely be asking questions!!!! I've done my reading and mentally prepared just now that he's here i'm a lil mess... Everyone here is SOOOO SUPER AWESOMELY NICE!!!

Just try not to get overwhelmed. Even with a brand new pup..I was a mess! You think you are prepared and then true panic hits you when you have them home. You will find lts of help and support here. Just remember...one step at a time and it will take a bit of time to get to know him and for him to realize he is REALLY HOME! Congrats!

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Congratulations on your new bully .

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads