Hello!

Rachel411

Jun 10, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
I've been snooping around for the past few months and decided it's time to come forward! My husband and I have been talking about getting an EB for quite awhile and are now ready to start the search for our new addition. I'm excited to have a great support group from all of you as we add an EB to our family!
Rachel

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Welcome! No other site in the universe has so much compassion and information for our beloved breed. You're in the right place. Good luck on your search!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: and thanx for joining. Research prior to getting a bully will assure you of having a great new family member. Bullies can be a bit of a challenge at times so the more you know about the going in the better. Ask all the questions you want; that's what this site is about,,,, helping and learning thru sharing.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Welcome! No other site in the universe has so much compassion and information for our beloved breed. You're in the right place. Good luck on your search!

ditto. ;) Welcome to EBN! Take your time and research your breeder very well. Having been here a while I guess you must know this already. So good to see so many doing their homework BEFORE they buy their bullies! Dont be shy, we have many who are here waiting for their babies and have had some here for a year before getting theirs. lol

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
:hiya: and :welcome: Glad you joined us! This is a great place for everything you need to know about bulldogs. Good Luck with everything and we are always here if you need anything :)

OP
R

Rachel411

Jun 10, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
One thing I've noticed about this forum is the friendly members! All the others I've visited seem to have a lot of negative posts and were in no way near as helpful as what I've seen here!

As much as I want to scoop up the first puppy I find, I know better. The health and well being of my future family member is very important and I want to have my research done and bases covered!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Welcome! Glad you are doing your research, and I hope you find the bully of your dreams!!! now when you do dont forget to tell us all about your search and of course pictures!

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
I joined right before I got Arnold too!! Welcome to this addicting wonderful world!!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
One thing I've noticed about this forum is the friendly members! All the others I've visited seem to have a lot of negative posts and were in no way near as helpful as what I've seen here!

This is true. What I LOVE about ebn completely. I had been to every other forum until landing here and it has been forever since coming, I have no plans to ever leave. ;)

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: so glad you joined! And how exciting..a new puppy! Well you've come to the right place! Jump in and ask away! Can't wait to meet your new family member. :clap:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: what part of the US are you from? Perhaps someone else is in your area that can PM you with personal experience with breeder (s) in the area to help with your search.

OP
R

Rachel411

Jun 10, 2012
Iowa
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie
I'm from Central Iowa, and yes, if anyone can recommend a breeder (or who to avoid) that would be great! Even just someone I could contact for playdates and socialization would be great!

I've seen a few websites for breeders in the Midwest, but it's so hard to tell who is really concerned with the good of the breed and not just making some money. Hopefully some of the questions I ask will weed them out!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
It's difficult to get straight answers from even breeders. Try to find out through references if possible about previous litters. All puppies look cute but problems seem to show up as early as four months. You've taken a step in the right direction, by joining EBN!

63f08912.jpg

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm from Central Iowa, and yes, if anyone can recommend a breeder (or who to avoid) that would be great! Even just someone I could contact for playdates and socialization would be great!

I've seen a few websites for breeders in the Midwest, but it's so hard to tell who is really concerned with the good of the breed and not just making some money. Hopefully some of the questions I ask will weed them out!

A couple of red flags are too many puppies available, too many of their own dogs, any "buy now" buttons on the site, any deposit buttons on the site.

A good breeder does not over breed, so they will usually have no more than 10 dogs of their own. Too many puppies says either broker or puppy mill. A good breeder will not put any type of pay button on their site because they will wish to interview potential adopters. When you talk to them on the phone you want to try to see if they are passionate about bulldogs. Since you are in the Midwest be very careful, there are a lot of puppy mills in those areas of the USA.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to EBN and the wonderful world of bulldogs!!

I think these are some of our members in the Iowa area @larendoodle @biogirl [MENTION=4285]GRACIE11[/MENTION] --- they may be able to help with the breeder suggestions

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.