Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: New bully parents & a few questions

Bulldog(s) Names
    Jorge
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: New bully parents & a few questions

Thanks everyone! I knew this would be a great place to post. I spoke with one of the other moms from Jorge's litter and she's feeding her pup Wellness, and he's doing great. So we'll try that.

As for walking - little bits of kibble is slow, but does the trick somehow! It took us about half an hour to get around our condo complex, and it's not very big He likes to run when he can see the house too, so I'll have to control that in the summer. Jorge spends a lot of time at my inlaws, who have two big dogs, and he just loves them. I think he doesn't want to go out when they're not around.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Bacon
    Likes (Received)

I recommend adding white or brown rice to the mix of dog food to ease his diarrhea and stomach problems. It is a good way to introduce the bully to the food.

Do not feed him many treats. That could really ruin his stomach, especially since he is a puppy. He should be fed on a schedule, such as once or twice a day.

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

and to the site. Seems you got some gread advice...Food is definatley the first key to a healthy bullie...I noticed Brutus didnt do well with rice since 4 mnths...We got on grain free Fromm and havent looked back..Its trial and error with food and what works for some doesn't work for all! Good Luck!

He is sooooo cute! We love pictures so hope you will post more
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Hiya cute Jorge's pawrent! We had both food and lead issues too when we got Stig. But we got lucky that he's very food (and attention!) motivated. lol. He loves the feel of grass on his back and can be stubborn still when the weather's nice. He's 2 years old now. G'luck with the food issue, looks like you're on the right track. Some people have tried a few different flavours and brands before they found the right one, so it really is trial and error. I would look for something grain- and chicken-free. Those seem to be 2 major culprits for our bullies. See you around!
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

-img00598-20120602-1010-jpg

OMG he is sooooooooooooo cute!!! Welcome to the site
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

to EBN! Jorge is beautiful! I too would recommend getting him off the chicken Blue Buffalo and also measure his food if you're not doing that already. I had Wilson on Blue Buffalo & Wellness for his first year and he did very well on it. But he did have loose stools quite a bit and he also had very very wet eyes that were like waterfalls in his folds. I thought that it was due to his teething at first but when I switched him to the Earthborn line of food (Meadows Feast) amaziingly he cleared up and was dry for hte first time in a year.

As for his biting, that's a very normal puppy thing to do. Just kept giving him the "no" command (or a command that you choose) and be consistent. He WILL out grow it. .
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

I can't really add to what has already been said. We use the Fromm and if you do decide to try it they have a Puppy formula and then a whole range called 4*. The 4* range is an all-stages food which means it can be given from puppy to senior!! All I have to add is

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads