Newbie Here

futureowner

May 30, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Scout
Hello all, we have not been blessed to get our bully yet but we have been searching high and low for a breeder that health tests, I know you can't say it out loud but if any of you could message me a breeder that does the health testing I would greatly appreciate it!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi and welcome.... best of luck with your search... it may be a good idea to look on the Bulldog Club website and you may find a breeder near you that you can interview

L

Lucy-licious

Afraid I can't help, but just wanted to say hi and good luck on your search...in the meantime you will find lots and lots of valuable information on bulldogs and bulldog parenting here. :welcome:

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and good luck on your search, do your homework on a breeder and check the BCA in your area.

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
My best suggestion for you is to attend a couple local dog shows. Find out when the bullies are up and watch. Those folks are gonna know who's got pups on the ground and who's expecting. That way you can meet them and decide how you feel about them. Google them. Ask for referrals. Check the referrals. Check the Bulldog Club of America website. Google them again.

Even though I did this and more, I lost my first EB to heart failure -- genetic problem. Do the research. Stack the cards as high as you can in your favor. It's worth it.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Thanx for joining and I hope you find all the info you are looking for here.

wendykerr

Jun 3, 2012
Cibolo, Texas, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Larry aka Lawrence Tiberius
Good luck with your search! Just remember a health guarantees / testing doesn't always cover allergies - which seem to be a major issue with bullies :(
I second the find a dog show and ask questions - just make sure you wait until their time in the ring is done - otherwise you'll be dealing with some stressed out peeps! :)

OP
F

futureowner

May 30, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Scout
Hi and welcome.... best of luck with your search... it may be a good idea to look on the Bulldog Club website and you may find a breeder near you that you can interview

There are some bully breeders near us but it's very hard to find one that does the health testing :(

OP
F

futureowner

May 30, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Scout
My best suggestion for you is to attend a couple local dog shows. Find out when the bullies are up and watch. Those folks are gonna know who's got pups on the ground and who's expecting. That way you can meet them and decide how you feel about them. Google them. Ask for referrals. Check the referrals. Check the Bulldog Club of America website. Google them again.

Even though I did this and more, I lost my first EB to heart failure -- genetic problem. Do the research. Stack the cards as high as you can in your favor. It's worth it.

Vicaroo, I have checked out our local kennel club and am in the process of joining them now, I will be going to some shows this year also as we will be getting a English Mastiff in about a month or so, so I know taking him to shows and meeting some bully owners will help alot but I also know that not too many breeders health test both male and female before breeding and I also know that that is 1 very important detail for me and my family!

OP
F

futureowner

May 30, 2012
Colorado
Bulldog(s) Names
Scout
Thank you all for your help, we will definitely keep you posted and when we get our baby, we will share him with all of you :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.