Hello! new here and i have some questions

Eliza Becerra

May 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Alice
Hi y'all. Well i'm new here and also new to being a bulldog mommy. We bought her 3 weeks ago. We named her Alice because my kids said she was as fat as the cat on Alice in Wonderland. She is extremely playful. We bought her when she was 10 weeks. Here are a few questions i have. And thank you in advance for responding
1. Does it matter that she is not an AKC registered pup? I heard their blood line starts decreasing if they are not AKC.
2. Since she is a pup, she tends to bite-fight. How can I help stop that?
3. I am feeding her Royal Canin. She was being fed Little Bites, but we preferred to feed her something made especially for bulldogs. have any of you fed your dog this food?

Those seem to be all the questions i have at the moment. I'm sure the answers are on here but I'm confused and overwhelmed with how much info is on here. lol! Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.

RescueMe

Community Veteran
Mar 2, 2011
Chaffee, MO
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola Blue, Mojo Titus and Gracie,Caleb, Bogart and Ziggy forever in my heart Roxy and Rollo
Welcome and here is my opinion...

1. It would only matter if you plan to breed her.
2. make sure you tell her no or shriek loudly and give her something she is allowed to chew on.
3 Royal Canin is not a high rated food. Check out dog food ratings on this site.

nando1301

May 6, 2012
San Antonio, TX
Bulldog(s) Names
Samantha (Sam)
Congrats with your new pup, Samantha is AKC register and I have her blood line tree however I don't think it decreases I asked my friend and he said no. I feed her with Nutro Ultra for puppies and she loves it and the ingredients are great for her I will change it to adult dog food when she turns 1 year old. About the bitting once she starts bitting giver her a toy to chew. Sam wanted to bite my had to play and I stop her and gave her a toy to chew. I never had problems her chewing furniture or anything in the house. I'm also new here and having a EB, trust me we have great advice here I always check them out and I had learned a lot how to take care of my EB. Good Luck

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN. We are glad to have you here. I hope you get lots of help to all your questions. AKC helps assure that your bully is an English Bulldog and not something else mixed in. It doesn't assure you of having a more lovable bully...:luv:
Please post some pix of your new baby when you can... Thanx for joining.... enjoy! :)

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Welcome to the site and you have some god answers too your questions already, just would like to see some pics of your sweet baby.

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Welcome! Can't wait to see pics of your baby! My babies eat Holistic Select Salmon Anchovy since that is what the breeder was feeding them. I tried to switch to Fromm which is highly rated on the list you've been directed to but my little girl broke out in hives so I changed them back to Holistic Select. As for the bite play I always told mine 'No Bite' and re-directed them to a toy. If I did the shriek or yelp they thought I was playing lol

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
everyone has answered your questions well, and a couple of the guys have already asked for pics, so I'll just say :welcome:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
in regards to the biting, never use your hand as a toy.

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Welcome to the site! One of our bullies is registered and the other is not! It didnt really matter to me because I was not playing on breeding. Enjoy the site and look forward to some pics! :)

OP
E

Eliza Becerra

May 29, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Alice
thank you all for the responses. alice.jpg here is my beautiful baby girl Alice! i will be switching her dog food. thank y'all for the links! you guys made me feel welcomed already

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Welcome and here is my opinion...

1. It would only matter if you plan to breed her.
2. make sure you tell her no or shriek loudly and give her something she is allowed to chew on.
3 Royal Canin is not a high rated food. Check out dog food ratings on this site.

[MENTION=5005]Eliza Becerra[/MENTION]-- Laurie has the answers for you.

Welcome to the site and the wonderful world of bulldogs. Jump on in and ask all you need to, someone her will be able to help.answer your questions.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online