OP
A

Abuimad

May 24, 2012
Doha Qatar
Bulldog(s) Names
Biggie
HE'S HERE and OH JOY :D
I picked him up from the pet relocater / vet yesterday he was cleaned, groomed and had a full checkup (he has an ear infection and i was given an ear solution, 4 drops in each ear twice daily), now when i first picked him up, he was shacking very bad, i took him home, brushed him (he was shedding like crazy, maybe the stress of being on a plane, or the new climate), played with him, fed him and obviously gave him water and started introducing him to the house, he seemed to calm down a lot, the shacking was gone and he was less on edge all the time, i tried to sit with him most of the day in his room in order to prepare him for the night, i introduced him to his crate, and threw in toys and praised him every time he would go in, i let him decide when it was time to enter the first time and he got snug and seemed to like it (except when you close the door he would bark and groan), through out the day i placed a collar on him (didn't mind) introduced him to the lease (also didn't mind) but he refused to leave the house to go potty after his meals, i tried enticing him with a toys (he has about 5 toys and he ignores them all) or treats (i have 4 kinds and he won't touch any of them) but he would go to the door and not budge, i tried everything and for a long time but i could not get him to do it, so i figured he had a long day and i called it quits (now i know I'm doing a lot of this wrong, but thats exactly the reason I'm here, i keep being told never quite when you are trying with a bully, but i figured he's been having one of the weirdest days of his 8 month life, I'm cutting him some slack) so with going potty outside ruled out, i placed peepads right outside his crate, and left him in the room for a short while, when i returned he got it half right lol, so i replaced the pads, played with him etc, returned him to the room, left him again for a short while, and he went again on the pads, in total he went 4 times number 2 on the pads while in the room (3 yesterday and one as I'm writing this post lol) he also went number 1 there and he went number 1 on the living room carpet (today in the morning, i tried to walk him, he refused, i brought him to the living room, took my eyes of him for 1 sec, and he was in a puddle of pee lol, i brought out the cleaning kit again and then the smell neutralizer) and on the door in his room, now my questions are as follows.
1) what am i doing wrong so far (please be brutal with me)
2) how do i get him to go for walks
3) i can't find a treat or toy that he likes, how do i train him ?

and here are some pics of my biggie, did i mention how much i love him
http://www.flickr.com/photos/abuimad/7165589643/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/abuimad/7165589087/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/abuimad/7350800450/

Members online

No members online now.