Hello

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello - welcome to the site and the wonderful world of bulldogs! Thank you so much for giving Jenna a new life and I LOVE her name -- so pretty. Look forward to seeing pictures and watching her blossom!

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
Sweet Jenna's luck has turned! My hope is that if you know where this precious angel came from, that you've notified the authorities / local animal control. These kinds of breeders must be stopped.

As for the potty training, stick to a strict schedule. She'll will learn and appreciate knowing that dinner is this time, potty is this time, play is this time. Dogs like routine; it makes them secure. Keep her bedding and/or crate spotlessly clean. Reward her PROFUSELY when she goes potty outside and never shame her for accidents (or react negatively) --- that will work against you. When there's an error, just stop - breathe - and clean it up really, really good.

I am dying to see pics of this sweet angel girl!

and [MENTION=1760]Fontanafox[/MENTION] is right - dogs live in the moment. Don't share soft, "I feel sorry for you" energy - she'll only see you as weak - and not her pack leader. Share "you are here with ME NOW, Life is Good" energy! That's what she deserves!

OP
marianne

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
Thanks...was Gracie from a puppy mill or private breeder...she has an amazing personality...the housebreaking is ruff...i spend so much time trying to make sure she doesn't have accidents in the house...i take her out constantly...she won't go...bring her back in and she'll pee on the floor

OP
marianne

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
The only thing the rescue told me was she came from Indiana with one of her pups...female...i imagine they were maybe breeding her also she was a year old...to the housebreaking...she doesn't go in her crate but i change her blanket and wash the pan a few times a week...i do try to keep her on a feeding, walking schedule and probably take her out every half hour in the evenings...praise her when she potties outside and do just clean it up indoors...i think i take her to a spot she likes to go...she picked it...but if i don't watch her i can take her out and 5 minutes later she'll do something on the floor...so unless she potties i'm trying the tether training method...if doesn't go i keep her leash tether to me...when she does she's loose...i don't know what else to do

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.