Hello

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
Hi, i'm new here...just adopted a 3 yr old female EB from a rescue, only had her about a week now she was rescued from a puppymill, kept in a cage and bred and used to nurse other dogs pups so she's has some saggy boobs...but with short walks they're already starting to shrink up...for what she must have been through she has a great personality...her EB personality is also starting to come out...she's like a 50lb puppy and learning how to play...i could use some advice on housebreaking a adult rescue right now i'm trying the tether method..she doesn't seem to have to go that often or maybe i'm not trained yet and take her out more than necessary...also advice on her chewing anything and everything but her chew toys her name is Jenna she's learning it too...i find it sad that she never had a name

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:bravo: you are our hero! Too give this precious girl a loving home is such a great thing. How sad her life was..but how very fortunate she is now! I would definitely keep her close to you on a leash..when she goes just praise her to high heaven..consistency will be te key..and lots of patience. I'd treat her like a pup. Start with the basics and just push forward. If you take her out every hour...and after eating or playing, you will start to see a pattern. The chewing is amazing! Just get lots of nylabones and remember..they like variety! Mine love antlers too. Just no rawhides and remember they can seem to destroy anything! I keep a pile of different nylabones on my hearth and my dogs pick through them..by the afternoon..they are spread everywhere..but nothing else is damaged.

So happy you found us..looking forward to watching Jenna learn what :love: is! :welcome:

L

Lucy-licious

Aww..bless you for taking in this girl and showing her some love...I'm sure with patience you will get there and Jenna will realise its ok to be herself.

I'm afraid I cant really help on the toilet training issues it took me ages to get it right with Lucy and she was a pup :eek: I suppose as with puppies its just praise for good habits and ignore bad habits.
As for chewing...I suppose redirecting her when she does it and giving her something its ok to chew. Good luck though. Someone will be along soon who has more knowledge than I and will help you more.

@Davidh, @desertskybulldogs, @GoldBullies, @Vicaroo1000 are all good at the training stuff.

:welcome:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh wow what a wonderful life Jenna's going to have. That is very sad that she never had a name. :welcome: to EBN too. Will be looking forward to seeing pictures of Jenna and watching her progress in her new home. Kudos to you for rescuing her! That's just AWESOME!!! :up:

Nadiel

May 10, 2012
Vancouver, BC
Bulldog(s) Names
Booker
That will be one happy dog soon enough... so sad to hear that she didnt even have a name, i dont know why that bothers me but it does.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Hi and welcome! It's amazing how bullies don't hold any grudges and show appreciation when they realize they're now is a safe and happy home. Don't you just love seeing an 'adult' bully play like a puppy!? They really are something special.

And Jenna's a beautiful name. :luv: Can't wait to see pics of her.

LaurenA

Nov 17, 2011
Elgin, Illinois
Bulldog(s) Names
Rook
I just wanted to say welcome, and how great it is that Jenna now has you and a name! Can't wait to see some pictures of her too! :)

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Her luck has changed! I don't have any experience with rescues, but I feel like the advice you got that you should treat her like a puppy sound good.

OP
marianne

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
That will be one happy dog soon enough... so sad to hear that she didnt even have a name, i dont know why that bothers me but it does.
It bothered me also....so I kept the name the rescue gave her...first person to care enough to give her a name...she's a sweetheart but you can't take your eyes off her or she's getting into something

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome to EBN..... We have an EX "breeder' bully as well.... patience, patience , and more patience..... that and lots of LOVE! Thanx for joining:)

I will elaborate and say that even though she was a retired breeder Gracie was housebroken And had basic training in manners. But we did have to teach her to play with toys, but once she figured out what they were she became princess the destroyer. She also is very afraid of about everything, and probably always will be. It's just in her nature now.

:welcome:

Last edited by a moderator:

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Welcome to both of you!! Jenna, what a beautiful name!! Kudos to you !!

Fontanafox

Jan 25, 2011
Fontana, CA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wilson & BabyGirl
Remember what Cesar Milan says, "Dogs live in the now." So lucky for Jenna her "now" is with you! :bravo:

7eabaaf6.jpg

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.