Hi from Bama =]

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
My name is Kassie, my husband and I have 2 kids. Seth is 11 and Allyson is 4. We are currently not EB owners but after LOTS of searching (our story below) we have finally committed to a waiting list and are NUMBER 15!! Ugh. I am not a patient person. This will be our first EB.

We have had Boxers before... Xander passed away and when I got pregnant with Al we rehomed Bailey. Lots of reasons lead us to this choice. Boxers hold a special place in our hearts but my husbands second love was EBs. As the kids got older and started asking for a pet we talked about getting a dog, hamster, even a bearded dragon (?!) We began our official search for our first EB and have been all over the internet and looked into local breeders.

We happened across scam adds, and the emails were always the same "My wife/mother just passed away, we are just looking to sell the pups and will pay for the shipping cost. Pay today..." Just seeing these emails (4 different adds, emails, and names) made us super sketchy about shipping. We decided we wanted to SEE the puppy, hold him/her, see the breeder and their kennel.

In the search for a (tangible) puppy we also found a few puppy mills =[ Sad dogs, with rashes, bad living conditions...people who were selling dogs at a cheaper price and value. People we decided we did NOT want to support.

And that brings us back to being on this waiting list...we hope for August-September, but will have to see. I look forward to meeting and talking with all of you while we prepare and learn all about the breed.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Hello from Alabama too! :welcome: to EBN, I know you will love it here like the rest of us do! Once you get your bully baby this will be a great place to learn from and get advice. When you get your new addition to the family, it will be well worth the wait; bullies grab your heart in those big paws and jaws and never let go!

spork3127

Big Easy Brain Drain
Community Veteran
May 13, 2012
Rome, Ga
Bulldog(s) Names
Lady Ellie Mae McPigglesworth
They're great dogs. My wife and I just recently paid a deposit on our newest addition. Being in a small town in NW Georgia, we didn't want to pay those Atlanta prices that can tack on an extra $500-$1000 for a similar quality dog, but we lucked up and found a breeder that is about 30 minutes away. I did a lot of homework on the breeder after reading about scams, but have been very pleased with the communication so far. One thing that I would recommend is to ask what vet they use and for their contact information. Prior to calling, you should be able to easily cross reference the info with Google. But I would definitely recommend contacting the vet to verify that everything is legit and that the breeder isn't just a back yard breeder or puppy mill. Our breeder told us the number of puppies from the litter, their sexes, mom/dad info and the vet confirmed it all. I didn't mention the info that the breeder shared with me but did ask for the vet to confirm the number of puppies, their sexes, etc.

Another trick that I used was checking the EXIF data of the pictures that she sent us of our puppy. EXIF data is information that is embedded into a picture that shows the date and time that the picture was taken as well as more technical info like camera model, etc. For me, as an avid photographer, it was a nice safety blanket to make sure the dates and times matched up. A quick Google search can show you how to look that information up as well.

From one newbie to another, welcome to the boards.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
:hiya: I bet you are excited and yes it will be worth the wait. There are plenty of crooks out there..we've had some horror stories from our own members. Glad you found us and will be waiting to meet your new family member! :up:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
Welcome! Can't wait to see you get your new baby and hear all about it here! Keep us posted and Good Luck!!!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
They're great dogs. My wife and I just recently paid a deposit on our newest addition. Being in a small town in NW Georgia, we didn't want to pay those Atlanta prices that can tack on an extra $500-$1000 for a similar quality dog, but we lucked up and found a breeder that is about 30 minutes away. I did a lot of homework on the breeder after reading about scams, but have been very pleased with the communication so far. One thing that I would recommend is to ask what vet they use and for their contact information. Prior to calling, you should be able to easily cross reference the info with Google. But I would definitely recommend contacting the vet to verify that everything is legit and that the breeder isn't just a back yard breeder or puppy mill. Our breeder told us the number of puppies from the litter, their sexes, mom/dad info and the vet confirmed it all. I didn't mention the info that the breeder shared with me but did ask for the vet to confirm the number of puppies, their sexes, etc.

Another trick that I used was checking the EXIF data of the pictures that she sent us of our puppy. EXIF data is information that is embedded into a picture that shows the date and time that the picture was taken as well as more technical info like camera model, etc. For me, as an avid photographer, it was a nice safety blanket to make sure the dates and times matched up. A quick Google search can show you how to look that information up as well.

That is awesome! Glad you have both done your research, it will be worth the wait!

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
How exciting!!! My gosh being 15th tho must make you anxious. BUT just know you will get the one that is meant to be with you so take your time (easy to say when I have mine right?) and keep posting, asking questions etc. We have had so many members here for months waiting for their baby so dont feel like that should hold you back from posting. Good job doing your homework, I hope you get one of these babies. :) Oh and welcome. ;)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
One thing that I would recommend is to ask what vet they use and for their contact information. Prior to calling, you should be able to easily cross reference the info with Google. But I would definitely recommend contacting the vet to verify that everything is legit and that the breeder isn't just a back yard breeder or puppy mill. Our breeder told us the number of puppies from the litter, their sexes, mom/dad info and the vet confirmed it all. I didn't mention the info that the breeder shared with me but did ask for the vet to confirm the number of puppies, their sexes, etc.

This is awesome information.

[MENTION=4913]Kassie[/MENTION] - WELCOME!
I want to personally thank you for doing your research. You have just saved yourself a HEAP OF HEARTACHE by not supporting breeders who's ethics are, shall we say, less than honorable toward the breed. The only way to rid the world of this vermin is by NOT BUYING THEIR PUPPIES! I saw an ad in the Seattle paper last weekend, "$700 for a champion pup" ...yeah...RIGHT. Another jacknob looking to scam someone out of their money and then breaking their heart......

IF IT'S TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE....IT IS! <== sage advice for anyone for anything :yes:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
:welcome: to EBN......... Thanx for joining. I hope we can be of some help in your quest to learn about bullies. They are amazing animals, not like any other dog you may have had in the past. ..... some question if they are even dogs... LOL Have fun! :)

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
:welcome: Kassie and soon to be bully mama. You've come to the right place. It's a great group here that love to help others. I went out of state twice for my bullies, Wilson & Emma. Jump right on in, ask questions that you may have and well, have fun here. :D

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hello and welcome to the site.... EBN is a great community where you will learn a lot - ask away and someone will have the advice/answer you may need. However, even better is we all have fun along the way.

Welcome to the wonderful world of bulldogs!!

BTW --- I have a sister name Kassie (Kathleen is her full name)

[MENTION=4913]Kassie[/MENTION]

OP
Kassie

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee

I am so glad we aren't the only ones being very careful. Kinda makes me feel better about checking so deep into these people!!

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
:welcome: Hopefully the breeder you chose will have a couple big litters close together and getting to #15 won't take too long. It's been known to happen. ;) All it would take is a litter of 9 and another of 6 and there you go! :)

OP
Kassie

Kassie

May 15, 2012
Alabama
Bulldog(s) Names
Rufus McGee
:welcome: Hopefully the breeder you chose will have a couple big litters close together and getting to #15 won't take too long. It's been known to happen. ;) All it would take is a litter of 9 and another of 6 and there you go! :)

Didn't think of it that way...thanks =] She said she only breeds her girls once a year, thats the reason for the waiting list. and I like that so I'm willing to wait! I went looking for a snazzy avatar like everyone elses but since I didn't want to jack anyones bully pics from Google I'm using this hourglass til I can get my own ;)

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Didn't think of it that way...thanks =] She said she only breeds her girls once a year, thats the reason for the waiting list. and I like that so I'm willing to wait! I went looking for a snazzy avatar like everyone elses but since I didn't want to jack anyones bully pics from Google I'm using this hourglass til I can get my own ;)

What a neat idea since you are waiting!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.